Complete Harley pricing

Hey guys, I know pricing is subject to each persons situation, but roughly, what is a complete bike going for? Gas tank, both fenders, 2 bags and lids, plus 2 trim pcs. Its nice to know sometimes just what the rest of the world is doing....Thanks guys

Comments

• MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Member, Moderator, Business Ninja Posts: 10,494 El Moderator
    If it were me, all the same pattern, simple stripe down the center of the tank to split and keep the dips good, show-gloss finished (wet sanded & polished to glass, because I'm super anal and simply can't let it go), I quote $3500 to $5000, but need more info for an exact price. Exactly what he wants, the condition of the parts, any dents/gouges that are going to need repaired, which pattern(s) are being used on which parts, etc. If it were Vista Camo and matte clear? I would do it for $3000 because that is what we are good at.
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Member, Moderator, Business Ninja Posts: 10,494 El Moderator
    If they don't like the price, have them go to a custom paint/hot rod shop and get a quote for just a paint job w a stripe down the middle and a show gloss finish. Then let him know you have thousands of dollars in specialized equipment and training to do this additional custom process which adds multiple extra steps on top of that custom paint shop.
  • Diecron_IncDiecron_Inc Member Posts: 57 ✭✭
    @MidOhioHydrographics I know I was leaving out a lot of info but you answered my question. It's all one print, tank has cover hiding most of the seam. However I have to candy all the parts, as he is taking it to Sturgis. Bags had road rash and one edge ground into oblivion that I had to smooth out.
    Its nice to know what ballpark some jobs are at...I know blasting and powder, hydro is just something I do here after my 10-12 hrs. for fun. I'm an idiot....thanks for the answer. In no industry have I seen so many people willing to help each other. 
  • smedlinsmedlin Member, Business Ninja Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017

If they don't like the price, have them go to a custom paint/hot rod shop and get a quote for just a paint job w a stripe down the middle and a show gloss finish. Then let him know you have thousands of dollars in specialized equipment and training to do this additional custom process which adds multiple extra steps on top of that custom paint shop.

The picture below is my bike. The base coat is stock and required no touch up. Simply to add ghost flames and high gloss it, was right at 1k, and that was the cheapest "talented" person I could find (meaning I stayed away from the huge paint shops).

But yea, 1k just to add flames (and I broke down the parts and took them to him).

• WileECoyoteWileECoyote Member, Moderator, Business Ninja Posts: 7,760 El Moderator
    Yeah, any work that actually needs to be done to the tin is gonna cost you $500-$1000 just to get it back in shape and painted a solid color again. Adding the print and a stripe to everything is gonna be another $1500, and 2-3 coats of clear and buff is $1000... and it comes to me disassembled (COMPLETELY). Any sort of design work or masking $500, another base color and print $500-$1000. Pinstripe on all pieces, $300 for vinyl assist, $500 for hand applied. Candy or decals, another $500.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Administrator Posts: 14,172 El Jefe
    I wouldn't touch one for less than $7,000...
  • PanamaCityHydroPanamaCityHydro Member Posts: 554 ✭✭✭
    woo SH#$ man I have been steadily upping my prices to where im finally feeling like im not wasting my time on large projects and apparently im still being quite generous lol (i had around 2K in my head for a bike, not show quality ofcourse)... 3500-7k makes my butt hurt lol. having done my own bike I agree with valuing the time and effort it takes to pump out that kind of quality, still ouch :)

on another note im not running a body shop so im not taking anything that requires repairs. that's getting subbed out for a hefty premium or its pieces in good shape that are coming to me.
  • NotSoFastNotSoFast Member, Moderator Posts: 3,558 El Moderator

woo SH#$ man I have been steadily upping my prices to where im finally feeling like im not wasting my time on large projects and apparently im still being quite generous lol (i had around 2K in my head for a bike, not show quality ofcourse)... 3500-7k makes my butt hurt lol. having done my own bike I agree with valuing the time and effort it takes to pump out that kind of quality, still ouch :)

on another note im not running a body shop so im not taking anything that requires repairs. that's getting subbed out for a hefty premium or its pieces in good shape that are coming to me.

I wouldn't touch a golf car for two grand, much less a full Harley bagger.
  • mountain_mikemountain_mike Member Posts: 802 ✭✭✭
    Ill put it to you this way. I know a guy who owns a body shop. For his "special" using rustoleum paints with parts removed and dropped off he charges $1200-2500 depending on how much prep is needed and number of parts just for a simple single color paint job. Our prices in hydrographics should be somewhere higher than a proper paint job.