An Intelligent Discussion About Eptex Coatings

WileECoyoteWileECoyote Member, Moderator, Business Ninja Posts: 7,435 El Moderator
I would like to get some honest feedback on interactions with Eptex Coatings. @AM915 (Ary from Eptex) has mentioned "I'm only a temporary forum member since Jim will block me soon...but I'm just here to say that we have thousands of worldwide customers using our equipment and materials with no gripes. The K2 forum "click" will always chomp at the bit to defame Eptex...no surprise there, since we aren't a forum sponsor."

I want to say for now, lets just hear the good things you PERSONALLY have witnessed in your dealings with them. We are going to delete things that appear to be rumors, or just overall badmouthing. @NaffGutts has said "Used search bar and only seeing "dont buy them" and no real substance as to why." So lets get this info out there. The forum is a place to get information to the masses and this seems to be a deficit we can contribute too.

There will be plenty of time to post up the bad, but as a courtesy to our guest, lets welcome him with the favorable reviews of the service his company has provided. @AM915 was concerned that we would not allow him time and would be blocked. He mentioned this at 3:32AM on Thursday April 28, 2016. As of yet we have not seen a response, and is still currently not blocked, just short of 12 hours later.

This also is an opportunity for Eptex and its employees to address some of the issues that have arisen with their products, without the obligation to be a forum sponsor. "We put in our best effort to supply quality products and services to all our clients. But just like in any industry...you can't please everyone...even though we strive to." Here is another avenue we offer to them to serve this industry.

I (@MidOhioHydrographics, @brutal_1, and @K2Concepts ) are going to watch this thread like a hawk kids, be on your best behavior or run the risk of getting your @$$ banned yourself.

Comments

• EptexCoatingsEptexCoatings Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    I was in the middle of my response when you closed the other thread. Not sure what you are talking about regarding "spamming your youtube channel" Jim? Why automatically assume it was anyone affiliated with our company? I am obviously not hiding behind any aliases. This is the first time I even got on here to clarify a few things. I was simply trying to state that there are many successful transactions that we process everyday with customers that are very happy with our company. Half a dozen complaints on here out of thousands of successful transactions does not warrant defaming a company and claiming that our products "don't work". Why we would even be in the hydrographics industry if that was the case? The trend I see on here is a broken record of half a dozen people that for some reason go out of their way to defame our company...and that's fine, everyone has their opinion. I'm not trying to get into an internet argument with a bunch of strangers. Just simply stating facts. -Ary
  • NaffGuttsNaffGutts Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    Here is my thing, everyone has my respect and trust until they do something to lose it. With that said, if I'm burned by any company, and their attempts to right the ship is unheard or no attempt is made to do right I have over 10,000 veterans at my disposal in a group i'm active in and all it takes is for me to express and explain said scenario and what we call a "fire mission" will usually take place. Just yesterday, a CSM (Command Seargent Major) with an MP brigade was perverting the AR670-1 that covers the wear of the military uniform, and appereance standards while wearing it. She had no regard for regulations and blatantly voiced her position as if rank alone exempts her from them. Today, she is being flown out to DC to have a talk with the SMA(Seargent Major of the Army), and will be relieved of her duties and most likely forced out of service. This took less than 24hrs. Not because of the mop on her head that was out of regs, or the heels she was wearing while in dress uniform at a 9/11 ceremony, but because she fired back as if untouchable. The veteran community is VERY tight nit, and we take it personal when even our own are caught being distespectful to the uniform our friends have died in and the service that we lived for, bled for, and have pride in calling it ours. So I might get burned, but my torch is a lot brighter. With that said, I reached out to Ary and told him if he stands behind his product and service, then I have no reason (except for warnings here) to not trust him. We are in discussion and I will likely purchase a tank and be able to give information on his service, quality, and overall experience.
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Member, Moderator, Business Ninja Posts: 10,305 El Moderator
    edited April 2016
    Ok, I have only been in the industry since 2012, so I don't have much history (though I'm pretty proud to still be around and still be in the black). But I am guilty. I have taken the relatively few reviews and stories that I have heard (some from people I very much respect) and went along with them, with no personal experience with the company. I suppose that is irresponsible. Henceforth, I will only recommend those I have dealt with, and not discourage from those I have not. Unless I have reason to do so.

Edit: By the way? Well done, Trevor. I like this. Fairness is good.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Administrator Posts: 14,155 El Jefe
    Ok...I stand corrected on the YouTube thing..I apologize for that. As for never being on here before? Sorry dont agree with that one...I have personally banned several alias and all pointing in your direction between the posts and duplicate forum IDs...so no you dont get to slide on that one.
    Seriously you think that its limited to half a dozen people? You are even more delusional than I suspected...So these same people followed you from the Liquid Concepts forum...to FaceBook and now here? That really makes sense to you? Hell just bring up your comany on any FaceBook thread and watch the fireworks ignite...so its just not on here dude...its everywhere...
    But here is the real tell rale sign of what you are about...Instead of seizing the opportinity to say "Hey guys, tell me what is wrong and let me fix it?" You would rather blow off any comments as random unsubstatiated claims and falsehoods. Which tells the world how you conduct business...
    I have never changed what I have said about you...its ALWAYS BEEN "Hey dude, clean up your act"... To which you have always came back the same way..."Your just hating on me"... The above post just proves it...The first thing a guilty person does is deny...and really? Even if it was 6 people unhappy? I would be doing everything in my power to correct the situation...hell even if it was just one person...instead of blowing them off...
    So you tell yourself you cant make everyone happy...and its only 6 people being a broken record because that is what helpsypu sleep at night...
    Because if it was me I eould not be able to rest until I tracked down those guys giving you all the "exclusive K2 Forum publicity" as you termed it..and find out what I could do to fix the situation...Because if that is your idea of publicity? I guess you are welcome to it...
    And just a suggestion? You may want to revisit that whole "Escalating your customers complaints to broken record status" policy... Not sure your former unhappy customers would be happy to know thats how you think of them...
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Member, Moderator, Business Ninja Posts: 7,435 El Moderator
    edited April 2016
    AM915 said:

Half a dozen complaints on here out of thousands of successful transactions does not warrant defaming a company and claiming that our products "don't work". Why we would even be in the hydrographics industry if that was the case? The trend I see on here is a broken record of half a dozen people that for some reason go out of their way to defame our company...and that's fine, everyone has their opinion. I'm not trying to get into an internet argument with a bunch of strangers. Just simply stating facts. -Ary

Ok If there is one thing I LOVE, it would be FACTS. I am an Manufacturing Engineer by trade, so infer my level of attention to detail (pronounced anally retentive, bordering on obsessive compulsive) from there. @AM915 what follows is a listing of 13 REAL, INDIVIDUAL people who came to this forum for help with your products after frustration had set in with the perceived lack of customer service from your company. This is not a group of people with some bone to pick with you, these are people who are looking for answers. Here is your chance to address them directly, and show everyone the things we have heard, are wrong.

terryscustom Posts: 72Member ✭✭
    March 29 edited March 29 in Newbie Hydro Tech Questions
    So I've been bouncing between two activators I have at the moment, both sounds like I'll get laughed at but the standard stuff from Eptex that came with my tank and some stuff I got from "Dip Deomon" on ebay (he had some awesome snake film I wanted so I just got some activator too). So far the Eptex stuff just eats all the films I've tried no matter how little I spray, so far no success.

Petez Posts: 58Member ✭
    February 9 in General Problems and Advice
    Will a separate filtration system with a media and carbon filter help possibly, we cant possibly do a production run if we have to constantly keep refreshing the water in the tank...????? The tank is not the best, but none the less a true dipping dank from Eptex. The water jet system and end filter are not all that great, hence my asking if adding another filter setup might help?? Any suggestions? thanks..pete

Kings_HydroDipping Posts: 10Member ✭
    February 6 in Newbie Hydro Tech Questions
    I'm new too Hydro Dipping, I've tried dipping this four different times(each time I repeat the whole process of sanding, painting, etc..) and everytime Some of the film rinses off when I'm rinsing it, not sure what to do, help/advice would be appriciated. After it dries I lay the film down that is from eptex coatings, after that sits for 60 seconds then I spray the K2 SuperBrew activator and wait 15 seconds then I slowly dip it in. @MidOhioHydrographics yes that is a indent, any ideas on how to avoid that??

HoytGirl Posts: 5Member ✭
    December 2015
    Soooo.........We need some help is anyone from the Washington State, Thurston County area? We are having a heck of a time trying to get a straight answer about the booth or limited spray space we can have with the amount of paint we are using which is minimal we are using Cerakote is anyone familiar with eptex hood vents and if they meet codes?

Eptex Coatings film
    ECHydro Posts: 64Member, Business Ninja ✭
    December 2015 in Films and Activators
    Anyone else tried this stuff? Maybe I got a bad batch. Was flimsy film like it had been wet and be careful how much activator you spray because it reacts like no body's business. just seeing if anyone else tried or uses their films.

xiipack Posts: 5Member ✭
    June 2015
    I am new at dipping and used eptex(rookie had) and it does not work. Also had a bad dealing with that company, stay away. I got hydrovator and it was so easy to work with and made my headaches go away.

Josh Posts: 2Member ✭
    June 2015 in Forum Help, Questions and Info
    Ok just gonna dive right into the info an questions. God willing a dip master shall baptize me in tank of knowledge.., lol

EPTEX activator and new conceal camo film, simple auto base an primer, and prep well the same as always adding extra time making sure the parts where clean...
    Film hydrate 60 seconds 20 seconds after activating
    Tank temp 84°
    Parts to be dipped: two black synthetic rifle stocks made by Remington.. Sounds simple enough right??

SO PLEASE explain to me Why the dip starts great but Will not adhere an it's not so much melting because it starts great but half way through the film starts to almost push away. "for lack of better description". Almost though I could save them by just doin a double dip but as I'm sure you've all guessed. Yes the rinse made it worse... So treat me as if I just started c
    So so please tell me

beven06 Posts: 59Member ✭
    April 2015
    I just ordered a can of what I thaught was hydrovator, I mean the picture was clearly a hydrovator can. Ordered from I think amazon btw, and it showed up at my door today and it's a can of Eptex Hydroglass Activator. Kinda bummed because of the things I've heard about Eptex. Anyone very had this happen?

thejoker6995 Posts: 201Member ✭✭
    April 2015
    I got taken by the Eptex, El Paso train wreck as well, is there a way to "octane boost" their awful hydroglass activator since I got 2 gallons of the stuff

LittleDipper Posts: 52Member ✭
    March 2015
    I'm having similar issues im using eptex Hydrovator is it the brand? I just read hydrovator and remembered it from other posts but it seems im having problems.

yeti_hydro Posts: 41Member ✭
    February 2015
    Eptex activator is garbage. They said i was the only person that complained about their products haha yea right

I made a profile just to coment. Eptex sucks. I bought a tank and it has been over 4 months and still have recieved all my films. They told me i never called them about it. First off i called numerous times and they just shrugged it off. They told me their films are on backorder and will let me know when they come in. The activator they sebt me doesnt work. I told him and he said its my paint gun. So i bought activator from dipwizard and it works great. You get what you pay for.

jonnywonny92 Posts: 14Member ✭
    March 2015 edited March 2015
    I didn't seam it. I just dipped that one side to have an example,and to learn. Is there a strategy to dipping speed? I've seen some go very slow and some go very fast? @K2Concepts I also had troubles with spotting on my latest dip, it happened AFTER I did my touchups. Could the amount of activator I used to swirl paint from the film and onto the touch up area possibly of spread while rinsing off? I had some spotting, now MAJOR spotting about 5 minutes after washing off. Also, this dip I did in the picture here was an eptex film and eptex activator.

bibbz249 Posts: 11Member ✭
    December 2014
    what temp should i run at? im giving the film 60 sec to hydrate before activating, activator is hydroglass from Eptex coatings and my gun tip is a 1.8. They did but very briefly i was only able to train for one day and everything went great while working with an instructor so i never got to see what under or over activation looked like, how to dial in my temp or trouble shoot any problems
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Member, Moderator, Business Ninja Posts: 7,435 El Moderator
    AM915 said:

I am obviously not hiding behind any aliases. This is the first time I even got on here to clarify a few things. -Ary

And seriously. Lets cut the BS. The original post you were addressing was put up on April 26. Are we to believe that you JUST HAPPENED to log on for the first time, 2 days later?

alexj Posts: 1Member ✭
    March 2015
    I would invite some of the people here complaining about eptex coatings (aka el paso powder coating and hydrographics) to share their real issues so i can advise with step by step help in the process of hydro dipping in any possible way. Unfortunately it is only human nature to say and share things when they don't go our way but when everything is fine no one comments. I am proud to say that the company that i work for has hundreds of satisfied customers and we are available for technical support as soon as our business opens. Usually when customers have problems with activators, films etc is because they are not following the strict step by step procedure hydro dipping requires. For the record we only use one name for our company which is the one mentioned above repeatedly (another name was mentioned by one of the members posting here which is actually one of our repeat customers). I invite all of you to visit our website to see the current products we offer (including Hydro-vator activator) and again we are available for customer support during all business hours.

And Alexj was banned back in March of 2015. If that isn't you Ary, (or someone who works for you), you have someone out there trying to take one for the Eptex team. I was on point when alexj got banned, and since right out the gate, you expected to be after one post. "I'm only a temporary forum member since Jim will block me soon" I suspect you at least TALKED to Mr. Alexj.

But the alias everyone refers to is the former name of your company "ElPaso Coatings and Hydrographics". The common belief is (and possibly unfairly) is that the name was changed to escape the bad reputation you had created for yourself.
    First time on here personally. I can't speak for any other of my previous or current employees...but anyways. I am here to directly address any previous customers of ours that I can help out with regarding our products. I don't know your real name WileyCoyote, but I am an industrial engineer by trade as well. I have been in the automation business & still complete major equipment projects to this date. We are duns, cage coded government contractors. Short point I'm trying to make here is that I have now made myself available here to handle any troubleshooting with our products. -Ary
    edited April 2016
    Oh and our DBA is still El Paso Powder Coating & Hydrographics, LLC. Eptex Coatings is a division of* the corporation. We expanded our equipment & industry portfolio, thus Eptex Coatings was developed. I'm going to have to start a new division with the new line of CNC plasma & laser tables we will be releasing later this year...was thinking... Eptex Industries. -Ary
  • tlb71tlb71 Member Posts: 433 ✭✭✭
    ok to be a 100% honest here! i have a EL PASO TANK!!(poly) i have had it for 2 years with out a prob! when the tank first arrived the heater bracket was broken! i phoned ary and he had one to me in a couple days here in canada!!i still to this day i still order TRUE TIMBER FILM FROM THEM with no shipping problems or anything! i was also short on film when the tank arrived and that was taken care of asap! but my poly tank is showing signs of stress!! from the water wait!! can this be fixed ary?? i feel its going to burst some day!! but other than that i have not been let down from them at all! pumps could be better!!!i was new to this game when i ordered and didnt know what i was getting into! i have no regrets getting into this trade at all!! I LOVE IT AND I TRULY RESPECT THE BIG PLAYERS ON THIS FORUM!! YOU GUYS HAVE HELPED ME HUGE!! THATS MY 2 CENTS!!
    I think we are progressing, although i'm new, I am glad to see it
    edited April 2016
    We phased out the poly tanks last year, but I have a few spare tanks in the warehouse. I used that model of tank for around 5 years with no issues. I have some customers using these for anodizing & have never heard of one bursting. They will deflect once filled, but I highly doubt it will ever burst. Either way, I need to sell of the last of the poly tanks, so I can get you a good price. Give me a call to discuss. I appreciate your feedback, thank you. -Ary

*We also have a new line of upgraded pumps so I can get you pricing on those as well, thanks.
    tlb71 said:

ok to be a 100% honest here! i have a EL PASO TANK!!(poly) i have had it for 2 years with out a prob! when the tank first arrived the heater bracket was broken! i phoned ary and he had one to me in a couple days here in canada!!i still to this day i still order TRUE TIMBER FILM FROM THEM with no shipping problems or anything! i was also short on film when the tank arrived and that was taken care of asap! but my poly tank is showing signs of stress!! from the water wait!! can this be fixed ary?? i feel its going to burst some day!! but other than that i have not been let down from them at all! pumps could be better!!!i was new to this game when i ordered and didnt know what i was getting into! i have no regrets getting into this trade at all!! I LOVE IT AND I TRULY RESPECT THE BIG PLAYERS ON THIS FORUM!! YOU GUYS HAVE HELPED ME HUGE!! THATS MY 2 CENTS!!

• TroubleTrouble Member Posts: 466 ✭✭✭
    I have ordered film from EPTEX only once. FedEx damaged the package and they promptly sent another roll of film.
    Well not sure 1 poly tank and 1 film order justify a " solid business"...I would still like to see you make good on some or any of the original claims mentioned above...I am more tham willing to wait...
    Well not sure 1 poly tank and 1 film order justify a " solid business"...I would still like to see you make good on some or any of the original claims mentioned above...I am more tham willing to wait...
    Well I'm going to order the tank, and he's expressed some extras for what I'm doing in my project for veteran awareness, as did PAHydro. But 110v tank, and the size is why I initially came to eptex. So hopefully I can help with first hand knowkedge in the near future. I'm probably going to be ordering some superbrew and a few guns from sponsors as well. Especially since I got the nod from the boss lady to let me get a shed built out back, thinking 12 x 10. We need it and it will give me piece of mind knowing I'm not spraying in my garage. So expect an email from me soon @K2Concepts along with @pahydrographics on some film. I already have 5 ir 6 rolls but wifey wants a nice yeti cup so i'm thinking on some kind of mudygirl type pattern or possibly animal print. On a side note, has anyone ever used an electric smoker for curing oven?

Either way, if you guys sort out the differences and maybe hit the reset button, why not? I know trust is hard to earn back but from my short time here, the big guys, k2, pahydro, kansashydro, eptex are all VERY successful conpanies and that has to stand for something.
    If it walks like a duck...
    We manufacture paint & powder curing ovens in all sizes & configurations. I'm not trying to plug my business since I'm not a forum sponsor...just saying. Jim, don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be disrespectful towards you or your business / forum. I know you have helped out so many individuals in this industry & uncovered many trade secrets in processing that other "staple hydro" companies probably didn't appreciate very much. I honestly admire & respect what you have done for this industry. You are certainly very passionate about your skills & knowledge with surface finishing in this industry..& I respect that. I appreciate you and your admins giving me the platform on here to discuss these topics. -Ary
    I will admit that we have not been 10/10 perfect in many business dealings. But we have learned & grown through these experiences in the Hydrographics industry...as with others. We are not in business to screw people over. Like I always tell my clients - if they are successful...then, in turn that makes us successful, & the world keeps spinning round. I'm not here to disrespect anyone, & I apologize if me or any one of my employees came off that way in the past. Thanks again. -Ary
    I got an idea, everyone send me some equipment and i'll rate it for you lol. Gotta try
    @K2Concepts I know we have vendor sections, which I do not believe are required to be forum sponsors. I may suggest that we start one for people with questions or concerns .

@AM915 I would like to see you stay on as a contributing member of this forum. The purpose of this forum is to help people, and the more vendors that are linked directly to the people using their products, the better for the industry. No doubt about it, your company has impacted this industry, so your support will be appreciated.

In addition, I will make a recommendation to change your name once again... To something more recognizably linked to your company. Those of you who know me can infer the amount of joy I took in writing that...

Well, maybe something good has come out of this after all...I was not crazy about the idea when WileCoyote pitched it to me to be honest...I am impressed the forum members handled themselves...

I was expecting a circus, I was pleasantly surprised as well. Good job guys.
    Good stuff, glad to see progress
    Once I figure out how to change the profile name, I will do so. Thanks again guys. -Ary
  • tlb71tlb71 Member Posts: 433 ✭✭✭
    peace is better than war!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Bluewater_CoatingsBluewater_Coatings Member Posts: 90
    Waiting to hear @NaffGutts review on the Eptex equipment. I'm in the market, as it were.
    Waiting to hear @NaffGutts review on the Eptex equipment. I'm in the market, as it were.
    Ordering tomorrow, but will also getting a 12x10 shop built in the back yard and got to have power and water ran to it. So until it's ready, the tank will sit in its packaging. Probably go ahead and get a compressor along with materials to build my own spray booth. My DIY curing oven will be done by next weekend but now thinking I might drop some custom paint on it. So it will be awhile on a review, not to mention I'm completely new to this so not sure how much 'reviewing' I can do with limited knowledge. All I can speak for is the product and if it's working and customer service which so far has been great. So until then .....
    Tried changing my name on here, but the profile name box is grayed out & I was unable to. Not sure how I can do this? I'll try to figure it out. Not very forum savvy to be honest. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks! -Ary
    AM915 said:
    Tried changing my name on here, but the profile name box is grayed out & I was unable to. Not sure how I can do this? I'll try to figure it out. Not very forum savvy to be honest. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks! -Ary
    Mine is same way as described, not sure myself.
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Member, Moderator, Business Ninja Posts: 10,305 El Moderator
    @K2Concepts Jim will have to do it, I believe. @AM915 just send him a message and let him know what you would like it changed to. I don't think the Mod's have this power or I would take care of it.