film is sticky and not holding pattern coming out of water, remains sticky after rinsing?

Hello all, I am brand new at this. I am hoping to add this to my small taxidermy hobby business. I tried a test dip on some outlet covers today. they are white plastic covers, I scuffed them with 200 grit sandpaper,, washed and dried completely. I then painted them with OHW white, dried them for 5 hrs. My water temp was 87 degrees. I used film from liquid print and their activator. I put film on water for 60 seconds sprayed the activator waited 15 seconds give or take and slowly dipped cover in swished it around and removed, at first glance I thought it was good, slowly the graphics started to move and lose their detail while becoming quite gloppy and sticky. I thought I may have over activated so I tried again with a significantly lighter amount and had the same results, it did glass out nicely each time. My ambient air temp was rather cool at the time in the shop maybe 60 degrees?? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• WileECoyoteWileECoyote Member, Moderator, Business Ninja Posts: 7,903 El Moderator
    Pics will always help. No need to wait after you spray activator. Start watching Jim's videos in that section located in the left side of the page. No need to waste material till you get a few weeks of research down first.
  • studebakerstudebaker Member, Business Ninja Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭✭✭
    swished it around and removed, at first glance I thought it was good, slowly the graphics started to move and lose their detail while becoming quite gloppy and sticky.
    This phrase indicates the film was on the water upside down.