Help Please! Film is behaving strangely

deanfouriedeanfourie Member Posts: 10
Hey guys! Being in level 4 I decided it would be a good idea to throw down some more dips however I'm not having much luck this time around.

I've done previous dips before and they have actually come out pretty nicely, but this time I'm not getting anywhere close to good.

I am prepping my film, during the soaking period it seems weird as all the creases don't seem to go away. I am leaving to soak for 60seconds.

Then I activate, about 30 seconds after activating I dip and this is where things go horribly wrong.

During the dip, the film doesnt break away from the part being dipped. The whole film pulls down when dipping. It's a very clingly feeling. 

Any ideas what this could be. The dip basicly instantly is a write off 

Uisng a aerosol activator from my local dip place, used on 4 odd previous dips. First time using this film.

Water temp at about 30degrees celcius.
Letting film soak for 60seconds

I know the process is very difficult to actually put a finger on what the issues is, overactivation, underactivation etc, but if it was fading I could understand but this is just weird and I've never seen this before.

Thanks

Comments

• PagesHydroDippingPagesHydroDipping Member Posts: 836 ✭✭✭✭
    If the film creases you may need to pull the creases out with your fingers. Thin film do this all the time. 60 sec soak is good but a 30 sec dwell(time between activated and dip) is way to long. Very few films require a dwell time. Try dipping right after you activate. Waiting to long will cause the activator to evaporate. Yoi said the whole film pulls down into the water this is a sign that the film is way under activated could be caused by your long dwell time or possibly just not enough activator. Take some pictures next time so you can show us. It will help us diagnose the problem.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Administrator Posts: 14,046 El Jefe
    Yes please take some pictures...