carbon fibre film not keeping a bond

hey guys I’m having some issues with carbon fibre film from big brain. I’m using 85 degree water, hydrovator, OWH white paint. Film wets out nice and dips great but right after the dip it rolls right off. my prep work is good so I know that’s not the problem. Here are the pictures so you can see 

Comments

• WileECoyoteWileECoyote Member, Moderator, Business Ninja Posts: 7,593 El Moderator
    Honestly looks like contamination or overactivation the way its in stripes across the part
  • AnarcyhydrodippingAnarcyhydrodipping Member Posts: 10
    Contamination? Like my water? it was fresh water. But my water is well water on my acreage that uses a softener system. Always worked before so I’m curious 
  • studebakerstudebaker Member, Business Ninja Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 15
    Buggers... I am sorry to see this has happened to you. I am more sorry to see that you have closed your mind to the possibility that you have done something wrong and truly believe that it is the film's fault.

WileECoyote gave you good honest accurate advice, but you are still looking for a problem other than your prep work. For example, looking for contamination in the water... The water can be dirty and stinking from bacteria or "full of activator" and it will still hydrate the film properly.

Really and truly, it is simply WAY over activated and slightly over hydrated, applied over a basecoat that is outside of its dip window. Even though you said it was OHW Paint, it is still closed, or there was so much activator applied that it softened the top layer of the paint into a free-flowing liquid.

Please take this as a helpful analysis of the problem(s) you have presented for critique, and not an intent to start a flame war. This is a forum of professionals, not Facebook.
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Member, Moderator, Business Ninja Posts: 7,593 El Moderator
    When I said contamination, I was meaning like something on the surface of the paint. Did something get sprayed near the part before it got dipped? It really does look like the paint was closed. I don't think it has anything to do with your water. It also still looks overactivated.
  • AnarcyhydrodippingAnarcyhydrodipping Member Posts: 10
    Woh hoo settle down there studebaker lol I’m not lashing back at anybody on here Jesus man haha but I do thank you for suggestions and also wileEcoyote thanks too for the feedback I really do appreciate it, the cover was sprayed about a week before the dip. I didn’t wipe it with anything. Just blew with compressed air. I’m on another dip form and most are saying over-activation like you both stated above. I’m going to give it another go tonight but I thank you guys for the feedback! Much appreciated!!! Cheers 
    @Anarcyhydrodipping if you format someones name like this, it alerts them that you are talking to them.