Air line setup

RbcustomcoloursRbcustomcolours Member Posts: 2
Hey guys, getting started setting up my painting space. I plan to run an air brush right up to a full size gun with a 2.5 needle/tip.
Jim says 3/4ID line from the compressor to the reg/dryer/trap is a good plan. Now what should I run for my 50ft hose and fittings. 3/8?
Thanks for any help.

Comments

• WileECoyoteWileECoyote Member, Moderator, Business Ninja Posts: 7,435 El Moderator
    Are you painting buildings? The biggest tip I have used was a 1.8 and that was used to paint trucks...

Your airlines should be as short as possible, but allow you to move around your product. Hose is a terrible way to supply air, but it's necessary. Run hard pipe as far as you can, and then match the hose to the air consumption of the gun.

• RbcustomcoloursRbcustomcolours Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the feedback 👍
    No buildings thank god lol, the 2.5 would only be for a flake gun. Also other than the paint guns I need to supply a small/medium blasting cabinet and eventually a vapor blaster cabinet. Now that one will require a new compressor though lol.
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Member, Moderator, Business Ninja Posts: 7,435 El Moderator
    We used to run "Bass Boat Flake" through a 1.8, but I was really just wondering what you could have needed that size tip for.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Administrator Posts: 14,155 El Jefe
    Run the 3/4" all the way up to the regulator for the drop or gun. AT that point you can drop to a hose fitting after the regulator...or maybe some 1/2" line then the fitting? Either way keep the line as large as possible up to the point of use is the best advice I can give...