Automatic activator spray gun!

for making the auto spray activator, any ideas about the the tip size? i think the 1.8 would be good , any suggestions?

Comments

• MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 10,167Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    How are you making the system? My airless guns are .033 orifice. My older automatic HVLP guns were 0.8, very small.

If you’re making an auto spray system, I would get in touch with a local systems manufacturer that specializes in spray equipment. They will steer you in the right direction.
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 7,225Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Not sure of your skill set, but this sort of thing isn't for your average dipper. Better served using airless application. Better transfer efficiency, and less overspray. You need to call an integrator to design a system for you.
  • edwardsedwards Posts: 3Member
    edited November 27
    we dont have very different auto spray gun available here , we use 1.6 for spray gun usually , since we make our activator and its easy to vaporizes after spray i thought i have to use larger tip size then i ordered 1.8 tip size and unfortunately they didn't have that so they sent 2 tip size and im about to test it , we are under sanctions we just have to improvise
    Post edited by edwards on
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 7,225Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Sorry, couldn't tell where you are located. A 2.0 tip is pretty big. You could do fine with anything over a a 1.4 and make it work. You just may have to move your arm a little slower.
  • edwardsedwards Posts: 3Member
    the arm setup is 1 second per meter to 5 seconds per meter , other thing about the tip size and why i had to go to the larger size is also about the kind of activator we use. these activator that we make here are fast vaporized (imported ones are expensive) so they are not good for big patterns , you start to spray activator on a big film and when you are finished , the start point has gotten dried , so i thought maybe a larger tip size with different adjustable speed option would be good , however this new automatic spray gun according to the its specification can work properly with very low air pressure behind it , so i thought less air spray = less evaporation
  • studebakerstudebaker Posts: 3,461Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    @edwards Add 5% Xylene to your activator formula to slow down the evaporation. Problem solved..... Next.
    Yep. The answer is not in the mechanical, it's in the formulation. @studebaker is absolutely correct... its that easy.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 14,073Administrator El Jefe
    edwards said:

the arm setup is 1 second per meter to 5 seconds per meter , other thing about the tip size and why i had to go to the larger size is also about the kind of activator we use. these activator that we make here are fast vaporized (imported ones are expensive) so they are not good for big patterns , you start to spray activator on a big film and when you are finished , the start point has gotten dried , so i thought maybe a larger tip size with different adjustable speed option would be good , however this new automatic spray gun according to the its specification can work properly with very low air pressure behind it , so i thought less air spray = less evaporation

@edwards You are on the right path...larger tip size and drop the pressure = less evaporation...please tell us how it works out...