Football Follies Week 5 2019

K2ConceptsK2Concepts El JefePosts: 14,024Administrator El Jefe
Yes, I know...I am a complete flake this year...it's not all my fault as I have had more volunteer projects on weekends than ever before and it reflects in my follow up...for that I am sorry...

But onward and upward? O beware the Karma my friends...she is a fickle and unforgiving soul mate...As I mocked my Packer friends during the week 3 debacle at Lambeau Field...laughingly unforgiving in my texts as the smackdown continued well after the stadium had cleared out and even the most hardcore fans had begun the long ride home with their tails tucked firmly between their legs? Little did I realize as I reveled in my nemesis' bitter defeat? I was squarely in the sights of Madam Karma...and she held no mercy as my team was slapped around like red headed transvestite on "Kick A Ginger" day...ohh the bitter irony tasteth like wormwood...and as I seethed in my dispair my only comfort was "Hey you're a Viking fan...what do you expect?"...

And so I looked deeply at the future and consulted the wisest and powerful fortune teller I know...my Magic 8 Ball..."Magic 8 Ball...will the Vikings win a SuperBowl in my lifetime?"...to which she answered...

I knew that...sigh...

But the NFC North rebounded in week 4 as I crawled out from underneath the rock I was hiding under and basked in the sunlight of a sweet victory...and then the Packers won as well...will this hideous miscarriage of justice never end?

And more importantly? Will I ever shut up?... Nay nay I say...

Well, the rich keep getting richer as the Patriots march on...with the Giants and the Jets in the next 2 weeks? These guys are money to go 7-0...yes the road to the SuperBowl goes through Foxborough yet again this year...that guy...

49er's share undefeated spots with Belichick?... What what?... This Sunday's matchup against the Rams is going to be a good game...probably one of the most important of both teams season...

And on the other side of the spectrum? Will the Redskins just accept the fact that they are a huge vacuum of SUCK and always will be as long as Snyder owns the team...Oh don't get me wrong...Gruden had a horrible record and probably was past due getting fired BUT...internally that team is a trash bin fire...so this weeks "Bag O Shame" goes to...the Skins...

Runner up for last weeks pitiful performance against the Packers? Goes to the Boy's...when your own HOF Sportscaster "PrimeTime" calls out the team on national TV? I believe he said they were a mediocre team that finally played a halfway decent team...I dunno who he thought the Saints were last week? But hey that's gotta sting...

Here ya go Cowboy fan...wear it well...

OK well on that long road to the "Big Game" most of us will experience heartache...trust me I know...but in the meantime we can do what we can to minimize the heartache...

So the rules are the same as last year...post up YOUR FAVORITE TEAM in this thread...there will be no flip-flopping here...this is for true fans who live or die every Sunday on the gridiron...this week? The biggest loser wins...Up for grabs is 1 meter of film from Kansas Hydrographics for starters...So let's hear it for Brent at Kansas Hydro...show him some love and buy some film when you win...

Also as an added bonus? I will match the 1 meter of film for any Business Ninja (paying members only...free trial members do not qualify) out of my pocket as a bonus. So if you are a paying Premium Business Ninja and you win? You get an additional 1 meter of film donated by K2 Forums...that's only the beginning of what I have planned...membership should have it's privileges right?

SO get your picks in and let it begin! Time to start that long walk of shame down to week 16...oh yea...and your picks have to be in BEFORE game time starts...or you will be disqualified...

LET'S GET IT ON!!!!!!!

Comments