Color disappeared.. Somebody help please.

BabarBabar Posts: 27Member
Hello everyone. Can u help me a little pls?. Why do you think the color has disappeared? We dipped this before 3 month. MS clear coat 2 layer. Thanks your answer.

Comments

• smedlinsmedlin Posts: 2,182Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your clear coat didn't have any UV protection in it.

Red is the first color to "bleach" out in the sun.

We see it a lot.

Even with clear coat with built in UV protection, some "full time dippers" won't use film with red in it, if the product is full time in the sun.

• MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 10,077Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    edited September 3
    That film is very bad for fading in the sun/UV Exposure. Unfortunately some films are like that. We did our mailbox in a similar film and it did the same thing. If you are doing an item that will be outdoors, make sure you get a film from a high quality supplier/printer that uses UV stabilized inks.
  • BabarBabar Posts: 27Member
    Thanks all. Can u know where i buy UV stabilized films??
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 10,077Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    The stuff from TWN is all good, as well as everything from Immersion Graphics.

Any of the typical suppliers (Big Brain, Kansas Hydro, Liquid Concepts) can steer you in the right direction if you have questions about their bulk Asian-supplied films. You will notice many similar/same films across various websites. They all come from suppliers in Asia and their inks may or may not be of good quality.
  • loochlooch Posts: 1,908Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Custom film from fractal camo or one of the other printers will be able to hold up to the sun
  • DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,887Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reds and yellows fade pretty bad in the sun. Not much u can do except use a good uv clear coat
  • studebakerstudebaker Posts: 3,367Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 3
    looch said:

Custom film from fractal camo or one of the other printers will be able to hold up to the sun

That is an accurate statement! The inks they use to print custom is SPECIFICALLY formulated to resist fading in extreme UV situations.

If you have a job that MUST be fade-resistant, buy it as a custom printed film.
  • BabarBabar Posts: 27Member
    Thanks all. I understand. Can you recommend a good printer? What I need to print? Where can i get everything? Need education? Im from Hungary. I get everything from abroad because there's not much here. Thanks