Never Assume

DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,911Member ✭✭✭✭✭
Had a customer ask to do the urban digital camo over a black base. Told him it doesnt work that way but would spray something half black and half light grey to show him why it wouldnt work. 
In the pic you can see it did work. Point being just dont assume something wont work do the testing to see what your capabilities are. The right side was a black base and I never wouldve thought it would show this good

Comments

• K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 14,095Administrator El Jefe
    Yea I learned that lesson a while back...unless it’s a black film on a black base? Never assume it won’t work...you can get some really cool and funky color combinations...I think I ran a contest years ago inviting the members to submit their weirdest color/film combos...
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 7,289Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Even if you use a black film on a black base (usually black metallic is a better choice) you will get a pattern that only shows up in direct sunlight. Probably not a good choice for a gun, but an excellent effect on a motorcycle that wants to look sort of plain far away. I have seen a LOT of high end bikes like this.