Best Way To Dip Shift Knob?

What would be the best way to dip a ball shift knob? I used a carbon fiber film, dipped at a 45* angle and then when it was about half way in, rolled it while still going down into the water. The pattern is even, except on the sides there is a good amount of stretch or distortion, because of the knob being rolled. I was going to dip it straight down, but was afraid that the film would not wrap all the way around the knob if I did that. Not sure what the best approach would be, if I were to redip it.

Comments

• MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 10,032Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    That’s as good as it’s gonna get, unless you put a stripe down it and dip half/half.
  • ForsiForsi Posts: 325Member ✭✭✭
    What @MidOhioHydrographics said. On an object that round and using a tight pattern like carbon fiber you will end up with stretching on the sides (that just physics) and unless you put a stripe/seam and do it in two dips that is what you will get. If you just do a seam it will be next to impossible to register the CF pattern from one dip to the next so you may want to consider putting a graphic stripe or something to separate the two dips and "trick" the eye into not seeing the pattern doesn't register perfectly from one hit to the next.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,958Administrator El Jefe
    It is what it is...