Touch up Before and After

MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,988Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
Here’s a good example of a film where I wouldn’t like to use an airbrush. The film/activator and a brush worked best for this situation. No color matching paint necessary. Just pick the general color you want, and dab it in. Works like a charm, but it does take some practice.

Comments

• SpinnerSpinner Posts: 229Member ✭✭✭
    @MidOhioHydrographics,
    Is that amount of touch-up typical? I've always wondered about the texture on rifle stocks and trapping air.
  • smedlinsmedlin Posts: 2,125Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spinner said:

@MidOhioHydrographics,
    Is that amount of touch-up typical? I've always wondered about the texture on rifle stocks and trapping air.

I've done several rifle stocks. Those texture areas always do that (to me anyways). I usually just hand paint/dab the areas. Almost like "color by paint".

• loochlooch Posts: 1,879Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah they do that for me too. This one i just airbrushed in black
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,988Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Yeah Pretty typical. Usually it’s less, but this stock had a texture all over it, and there was more on this stock than most Most of the time we can just airbrush typical camo patterns, but w this pattern I just didn’t think it would look right unless I spent a ton of time trying to match all the colors correctly.
  • osufanintxosufanintx Posts: 169Member ✭✭✭
    @looch we like to do the same thing with the checkering, I think it improves the looks of the stock
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,920Administrator El Jefe
    That's nice as well...