Holes in film

Aj74redAj74red Posts: 15Member
Hi guys, got problems with carbon film I'm.getting holes appearing in it after its being activated, thought it was my gun set up {devilbiss gpi with 1.6mm tip) but reset and followed Jim's vid on gun setup tested spray pattern but stl getting it bloody annoying I've attached photos the first is about 15sec after activation  2 passes and the second after about a minute 
Cheers guys 

Comments

• Aj74redAj74red Posts: 15Member
    edited May 14
    1st on 15 sec
    Then after a, minute or so 
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,958Administrator El Jefe
    Way over activating it...
    OK cheers Jim, makes sense, my old gun was a cheap one so I invested in this one, used to do 2 passes with that one guess I'll try 1 with this and quicker 

• K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,958Administrator El Jefe
    Or adjust the temperature...or the soak time...or?...
    Temp is 30° (86f) and soak time 60 sec, frustrating it's also really good quality film from very reputable supplier so no problem with that. 
  • NWHNWH Posts: 87Member ✭✭✭
    Run your temp up to about 92 degrees.
    Cheers ill give it a try 
  • hydrodipcalihydrodipcali Posts: 1Member
    I have similar issue but mine is with film separating / dissolving / holes after spraying activator above 12 in and with 1 light sweeping pass over area. After few seconds within dwell time of 15 seconds. Using dip demon film/ activator in Aerosol can( just getting started so started with can- going to get Gallon/ gun and compressor soon just wanted to learn) so any help is much appreciated. 

I was was able to do a few items where the film didn’t depreciate or develop holes but seems like the latter is happening more even with temp at 85deg and dwell time 5-10 sec 
  • studebakerstudebaker Posts: 3,345Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    @hydrodipcali Your problem is because your film has too much humidity in it. It is essentially pre-hydrated even before you place it on the water. Put it back in the clear unsealed tube it came in and place it on your hot dashboard in the sun for a few hours to dry it back out.

Also, if you want our full attention to your problem, start a new discussion. When it happens as above people have in their mind that they have already seen that thread/discussion and don't need to check it out.

Congratulations on checking out all the possibilities that hydrographics can do! I hope you do well and be profitable.