2mtr wide film

JeremyJeremy Posts: 1,119Member ✭✭✭
Hi folks

Is there such a thing as 2mtrs wide film?
I have a huge job that's going to require around 8000sqm of wood grain pattern. If I get this job I will be getting a fully automated machine made.

Cheers
Jeremy

Comments

• MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 10,032Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Jeremy said:

Hi folks

Is there such a thing as 2mtrs wide film?
    I have a huge job that's going to require around 8000sqm of wood grain pattern. If I get this job I will be getting a fully automated machine made.

Cheers
    Jeremy

The widest film I have seen is 1.5 meters. Nothing 2m wide. And for fully automated machines, I've only seen them in 1m wide (for the continuous flow type such as this: https://www.liquidprintone.com/store/equipment/lp-3dat-500-automatic-printing-machine/).

Now, if you get in touch with the right asian company? I'm sure they would build you whatever you need.
  • studebakerstudebaker Posts: 3,345Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations on the potential big production job. I sincerely hope it goes through for you.
  • JeremyJeremy Posts: 1,119Member ✭✭✭
    We are in the process of doing a sample panel and once that goes through I think we will get the rest (some 12000 panels 3m H x 2m W)
    Going to be a massive job and yes I have found a place that will make the tank to my size required.
    Just the film is the sticking point at the moment
  • JeremyJeremy Posts: 1,119Member ✭✭✭
    @MidOhioHydrographics I would be looking at a machine like that but not the big track system all I need is the hydraulic arm type set up but still have the machine lay the pattern and activate it.
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 10,032Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    edited May 16
    @Jeremy I've seen a video of a machine that laid the film and was not impressed. It took over 30 seconds to lay the film... so that's 30 seconds more hydration time at one end than the other. No good. I will see if I can find the link. The company was Tsautop. I don't want to talk bad about the company overall, but please beware. I don't every badmouth someone without all the information. All I can go on is the video I was sent. (Link: Video of Automated machine).

You can see how long it takes to lay the film, and how uneven the spray pattern is on the film once activated. I'm looking at options for a second automated tank, and decided the only way I can get the quality I need is to build it, or spend about $30k on the spray system. I haven't even looked into arms yet because the price is so high. If you want a static tank, and have someone who can build control panels? Let's talk. I'm in process of setting up and ordering parts for my second tank automation now. PA Hydrographics is providing the tank (customized to my specs), and I'm building the sprayer and dip arm myself. Do you have any engineering or CAD skills? The good thing is, you can just use 80/20 aluminum extrusion for all the frame, and it's like a big erector set. Just screw it together.
    Also, you may want to look into some sort of conveyor washer being built. Rinsing those panels is going to take a while, and you need to move some parts.

How quickly do they want the 12,000 panels complete? Is that an annual volume?