Is this an option?

SpinnerSpinner Posts: 227Member ✭✭✭
@studebaker
Is this look possible? Red on red, black on black, etc?

Or is there a way to use candies with other prints to accomplish something like this?

Comments

• studebakerstudebaker Posts: 3,286Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely! The best way is to print a dark red for you to apply over a red candy base....

All we have to do is change the color of this to your preferred basecoat color. Or we can just print it gray and it will change ANY basecoat color to a darker shade.

• SpinnerSpinner Posts: 227Member ✭✭✭
    Ok. Cool. I will give it a try. I think I like the second option to print it grey. Seems I might get a more consistent color over deeper draws? My parts are dipped straight down about 4".
    Usually, for candy finish, I spray a silver base, then print, then candy. I'll try it this way and your described method and see what happens...
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,959Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Actually what you just mentioned would probably be about perfect. Silver base with a gray film that is just slightly darker than the silver, then Candy over it all. Sounds like a very good idea.
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,963Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    We do things like this all the time. The greater the contrast obviously the better it shows up. Sometimes it is only visible in direct sun, which is usually what we shoot for. We usually basecoat with a strong metallic so reflected light helps it stand out.
  • studebakerstudebaker Posts: 3,286Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Black on black works as well.... But it needs to be black ink, not just gray.