Finally!!!

mikesmith86mikesmith86 Member Posts: 22
What a world of difference switching from aerosol to a gun for activator, my son made the best hit yet. Bout to put him to work lol

Comments

• WileECoyoteWileECoyote Member, Moderator, Business Ninja Posts: 7,939 El Moderator
    Yep, and yet, people still try to use it. But we can only say it so often...
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Member, Moderator, Business Ninja Posts: 10,514 El Moderator
    Yep.... I think if you search "aerosol" you can see first hand all the troubles it causes... yet here we are, making the same suggestion multiple times a week.

I get it tho. It can be an expensive upgrade (compressor, air dryer, guns, etc.). This process is just expensive all the way around.
  • mikesmith86mikesmith86 Member Posts: 22
    @MidOhioHydrographics Oh definitely, the only reason I was using it was biding time till I could upgrade
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Member, Moderator, Business Ninja Posts: 7,939 El Moderator
    Ok, good point. Here is another view. The skills you learned with film and activator using aerosols in no way transfer to how a gun lays it down. So in actuality almost all the time spent with it was sort of wasted. So instead of beating your head against the wall and getting frustrated, you would have been better served putting that effort into another area of the process, and then starting the right way. 

Just things that we have noticed over the years, and something to think about.
  • mikesmith86mikesmith86 Member Posts: 22
    edited March 2019
    I agree with that @WileECoyote I was just impatient
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Administrator Posts: 14,053 El Jefe
  • MB_CustomsMB_Customs Member Posts: 55
    @WileECoyote good point, but here is another view, the time you see as wasted, could be looked at as an intensive training in diagnostics, especially in activator, lol! I’m just transitioning myself to a better setup, but I in no way feel the time I spent experimenting with the process, for merely hundreds of dollars, was a waste of time, the process is the process no matter what you use to get there, understandably easier to diagnose with a real setup,but in the end it works or not. Without it I wouldn’t have decided to move forward and invest some cash into it. No one is gonna decide to just lay out thousands of dollars without trying it on small scale first, if they do, they are an idiot in my book! Not trying to be argumentative, but I’m gonna have to respectfully disagree with you here. If it’s a means to an end, it’s just part of the process of getting into it, IMO. You have to start somewhere, and by no means was I gonna dump $30000 into something I didn’t even know if I liked or was good at. Just my 2cents, and I want you to know I completely respect you and appreciate all the knowledge and experience you bring to this forum, I just think everyone forgets that we all have to start from somewhere, and unless they are a fool, it ain’t spending thousands just to see if they like it.
    @MB_Customs and that's what we are here to sort through. If someone is tentatively looking at the process we typically tell them to get trained. It's a few hundred dollars and a weekend to see the whole process done the right way. Perfect opportunity to get your feet wet and not pick up any bad habits. 
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Administrator Posts: 14,053 El Jefe

@WileECoyote good point, but here is another view, the time you see as wasted, could be looked at as an intensive training in diagnostics, especially in activator, lol! I’m just transitioning myself to a better setup, but I in no way feel the time I spent experimenting with the process, for merely hundreds of dollars, was a waste of time, the process is the process no matter what you use to get there, understandably easier to diagnose with a real setup,but in the end it works or not. Without it I wouldn’t have decided to move forward and invest some cash into it. No one is gonna decide to just lay out thousands of dollars without trying it on small scale first, if they do, they are an idiot in my book! Not trying to be argumentative, but I’m gonna have to respectfully disagree with you here. If it’s a means to an end, it’s just part of the process of getting into it, IMO. You have to start somewhere, and by no means was I gonna dump $30000 into something I didn’t even know if I liked or was good at. Just my 2cents, and I want you to know I completely respect you and appreciate all the knowledge and experience you bring to this forum, I just think everyone forgets that we all have to start from somewhere, and unless they are a fool, it ain’t spending thousands just to see if they like it.

I guess I am the biggest idiot of all because that's exactly what I did...

Actually did it with BOTH my businesses...HVAC business was $30,000 just for my first truck...WITHOUT stocking the truck...

Wow, I really am an idiot...
  • MB_CustomsMB_Customs Member Posts: 55
    edited March 2019
    Lol
    Post edited by MB_Customs on