Tweaking the control panel box Pa Hydrographics

TsunamiTsunami Posts: 4,955Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
This video might help a few of you guy and gals out there that have these issues with there control panel .Hope it helps. Let me know.

Comments

• HardeightHardeight Posts: 584Member ✭✭✭
    The degree difference is your hysteresis band or "dead band". It's the difference between when the thermostat in ON/OFF mode comes on and goes off. Mine is still set at 2 degrees. Meaning, it will cut off at 2 degrees above the set point and come back on at 2 degrees below the set point. So in total there is a 4 degree band that the controller is dead. Personally I don't feel I need any more accuracy than that anyway.

I always use backups like IR no contact thermometers and the good old hand test. You would be surprised how quickly you can learn what ~90 degree water feels like.
  • TsunamiTsunami Posts: 4,955Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good info @Hardeight‌ .Being a newbie, I'm looking for a consistency. When some thing goes wrong I need to be sure of my starting point to adjust my other factors. I.E. temp, soak time and activator. Having a consistent temp setting gives me a starting point to change the other factors. Or even my temp if needed. I dont know yet if four degrees can affect some films, I'm still learning. Thanks for your help
  • HardeightHardeight Posts: 584Member ✭✭✭
    Tsunami said:

Good info @Hardeight‌ .Being a newbie, I'm looking for a consistency. When some thing goes wrong I need to be sure of my starting point to adjust my other factors. I.E. temp, soak time and activator. Having a consistent temp setting gives me a starting point to change the other factors. Or even my temp if needed. I dont know yet if four degrees can affect some films, I'm still learning. Thanks for your help

This is an excellent outlook to have. Keep it up and you will get the hang of it sooner rather than later.
    Yoda taught me well. Thanks again
  • pahydrographicspahydrographics Posts: 125Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    Nice video Dave!!! I still don't understand why your hysteresis was so screwed up.
    That all right. It was something that just bothered me. Thanks for sending me the info. Now I at least know how to adjust some things. Call me tomorrow if you can. I have a question about the jet holes. Hope your vacation was awesome.