HydroGraphics near me!

So to start with I am brand new to hydrodipping, I have only done one dip, on my fishing reel, I was pretty excited with how it turned out. I’ll add a picture in the end. But I have been on the forum for a little while along with watching hundreds of videos and eventually I’d like to consider doing it for my friends to make some cash. So my question is, where are some reputable hydrodipping places near me. I live in Northwest Indiana, in a smaller city called Valparaiso. We are about an hour outside of Chicago. I have looked on google but haven’t found much, plus a lot of them I have looked at are permanently closed. I would like to find a place that I could go to and just watch the process of how a professional would do it. Any feed back is much appreciated! Thanks! 

Comments

• WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 7,042Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    To watch the process, you may have to pay for training. There are a few guys in Indiana @SingleAction52
  • DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,877Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    @mielkewaygraphics are in Anderson IN.  Mielke Way Coatings are their name. Jay is a great guy
  • NWHNWH Posts: 87Member ✭✭✭
    So you want to turn this into a business but would like another business to show you how its done for free? What is in it for said business but possibly training there own competition for nothing. I would have to think really hard on that one! Nope didn't take long to decide NO!!!!!!!!!!.
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 10,032Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Yeah @Carsonnn7 unfortunately training is something you'd have to pay for.
  • Carsonnn7Carsonnn7 Posts: 9Member
    @NWH @MidOhioHydrographics I understand that this would be something I’d have to pay for, I don’t mind paying for something useful to me. I was more or less just looking for some one located near me that is will to teach or show me around. Then I’d like talk to them and maybe work something out. 
  • SingleAction52SingleAction52 Posts: 730Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭

To watch the process, you may have to pay for training. There are a few guys in Indiana @SingleAction52

@WileECoyote, I'm about 4 hours south of @Carsonnn7, near Louisville. 1/2 way between us is MielkeWay, in Indianapolis.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,958Administrator El Jefe
    @NWH So salty...lol...
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 10,032Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    That's understandable. You may just want to look into an actual training program at Liquid Concepts, Big Brain, or K2 Concepts. Just because someone can dip doesn't mean they are going to be good at teaching. Teaching someone and conveying information effectively is an art in itself.
    I have 7 full time guys working 50 hours a week, we decorate thousands of parts every week, and I wouldn't want to teach someone. LOL Wouldn't be good for them or us.
  • Carsonnn7Carsonnn7 Posts: 9Member
    @MidOhioHydrographics Thank you! And dang that’s a lot of work. Have you heard anything good about TWNs training service? 
    Carsonnn7 said:

@MidOhioHydrographics Thank you! And dang that’s a lot of work. Have you heard anything good about TWNs training service? 

While I like using their films, I don't think their training is great. They don't actually "dip" parts other than to train people. I would go to one of the above mentioned 3 because all of them also dip parts for a living. They don't just train and sell film/equipment. There's a difference between actually doing it and just talking about it. That make sense?
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 7,042Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    And you can't afford the materials that you HAVE to use from TWN...
    They push their activator, paint, etc. very hard. It's not that they are bad products, it's just that there are other more reasonably priced products that work just as well.
  • SpinnerSpinner Posts: 235Member ✭✭✭
    You also mentioned something like " all the dippers around me are permanently closed."

You've been warned!
    @Spinner care to clarify what that last post means? I'm confused about the warning. His post says "I have looked on google but haven’t found much, plus a lot of them I have looked at are permanently closed."
    Going to this business is expensive and risky. Apparently, many of those around him have permanently closed.
    @Carsonnn7
    Having reread youre post, it looks like you are interested in this on a small scale... For yourself and friends. 
    I started out a couple years ago and over time improved and updated my equipment as money came in. This is a value added step in a product line that I manufacturer and sell  so I had the luxury of not depending on hydrographics as the large portion of my income. In fact, it accounted for just 10% of total sales last year... The first full year of offering the service.
    Just know that to get consistent results, hobby or otherwise, you will be spending some good money.
  • Bullfrog160Bullfrog160 Posts: 4Member
    I am having the same problems. I am a disabled vet that was medicaly booted after I got jacked a bunch. I didnt ride the bench, I was considered a starter hahaha anyway, No worries, feeling good, great fam, life is ok,,moving forward..I am an active participant in the wounded warrior program and a member of the SOCOM warrior team. I started a little program where I take used bows and fix them up. I take disabled veterans, first reaponders, etc out bow fishing and then let them keep the bow at the end. I have recently also become part of a nonprofit just for this. With all this said, I started doing a little redneck spray paint dipping. It worked fine, and its addicting. I started to dip more and more. I got cut off last week by my wife when she saw me taking the toilet seat off to dip it. Anyway, my problem is I can not for the life of me find somewhere to train for a reasonable price. Im doing all of this for free to help out others like the way I was helped by my old team mates. So Do any of you know or are willing to help me out with some trainig. I do have money to pay, I am not trying to just free load of anyone, and I can travel. I am located outside of FtCampbell, ky. I live on the Tn and Ky border. I am perminantly retired so i have plenty of time. So, anyone with more info throw it to me please. I will go check out the 3 main ones I read everyone chatting about in here. I will not go near TWN, I asked them one question and now I get called and mailed constantly for a 3k class. Also, I hope all of you are having a wonderful day!!!! 
  • Bullfrog160Bullfrog160 Posts: 4Member
    I also forgot to add. I am part of a nonprofit, so anyones time and money donated or equipment I come across can be tax deductible. I am also willing to sign a no compete clause stating I wont turn into a business and become your competitor. After a little more learning, If I did sell anything in the future all of the money goes back into the program to get disabled guys out and back to functioning in life again. Also, I bow fish a lot, if any of you find yourselves down this way let me know and I can gladly take you and your friends and family out on the water for some fish shooting fun. No equipment or money needed. I think I got everything out finally. 
  • mielkewaygraphicsmielkewaygraphics Posts: 194Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    @Carsonnn7 Call me... We are a Hydro Dipping Co. along with selling Hydro Graphic paints. Bring ya wallet . :)
    www.mielkewaycoatings.com