K2 Concepts Blast Cabinet Siphon Feed DIY Part 1

Comments

• smedlinsmedlin Member, Business Ninja Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's a siphon feed..and what's it purpose?
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Administrator Posts: 14,160 El Jefe
    edited February 2019
    I was going to explain that in the next video but since you asked...let me dig up the info...

Here ya go...

• smedlinsmedlin Member, Business Ninja Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

O... i see

i had to go look. Mine came with that. Being the first blast cabinet I've never owned..thought they all had that.

I will say.. i didn't know what it really did though.

so, I can control the flow of media by closing/opening the "metering value"? I thought it had something to do with letting air into the system (like I said...never had a blast cabinet before)... so, I want it wide open? For normal everyday usage?
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Member, Moderator, Business Ninja Posts: 10,378 El Moderator
    I’m a little confused. How is your media delivered to the Nozzle now? I had only heard of two Styles: pressure and siphon, with pressure using a pressurized media pot like mine, and siphon using a system like pictured above. Now my previous siphon feed just had a tube directly into the media at the bottom of the blast cabinet, and the gun had two tubes like pictured above. It did NOT however have the metering valve to adjust any induction air. Is this basically what you're adding?
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Administrator Posts: 14,160 El Jefe
    OK I shot another video of the explanation of the 2 concepts (see what I did there?)...lol...loading it up now...