Question about pearl paint

asdasdasdasdasdasd Posts: 49Member
edited January 12 in Clear Coat Information
Can i use a black pearl paint for hydrographic?

Comments

• TroubleTrouble Posts: 409Member ✭✭✭
    I have mixed color shift pearls and regular pearls with House of Kolor Sg-100 and dipped to it with no problems.
  • asdasdasdasdasdasd Posts: 49Member
    Im talkin if i can buy black automotive pearl paint an use it 
  • studebakerstudebaker Posts: 3,282Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is nothing stopping you from using it as a topcoat. If you use it as a base coat the pearlessence will be defeated.
    I mean will the paint be strong enough for the activator

• WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,956Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Pearl doesn't alter the makeup of the paint in any way. If the base material is strong enough to hold the print, then the pearl won't be an issue. @studebaker is correct though, if you print over the pearl, you are going to cover a good portion of the metalic. Just a tip, when metal flake is added to base coat, it is called a metalic base coat. When you add pearlescent flake to clear, it is called a pearl coat. There is no such thing as a pearl basecoat.
    Pearl doesn't alter the makeup of the paint in any way. If the base material is strong enough to hold the print, then the pearl won't be an issue. @studebaker is correct though, if you print over the pearl, you are going to cover a good portion of the metalic. Just a tip, when metal flake is added to base coat, it is called a metalic base coat. When you add pearlescent flake to clear, it is called a pearl coat. There is no such thing as a pearl basecoat.
    Can i find you on whats app or something.
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,956Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    I have no idea what that is... You can find me right here. Most weekdays I check in once or twice a day, you just got lucky this weekend. You have a great group of guys here that have a lot of the answers that you need, you just have to be a little patient. Although it would be great for you to have unlimited access to help, you have to remember that we are not compensated for this, we all have regular jobs an family.

Look in the K2 video section of the forum and watch everything, that will help you tremendously.

Or sign up for training at any number of the sponsors affiliated with this site, you may have to travel, but it also... won't be free.
    edited January 13
    Why u think im not patient?Im thankful for all ur help..I have family too and just want to improve my skills in this hobby.Have a good day mate.
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,952Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    asdasdasd said:

Why u think im not patient?Im thankful for all ur help..I have family too and just want to improve my skills in this hobby.Have a good day mate.

I don’t think he was meaning you are impatient, just that once you ask a question it may take a bit of time for an answer. Since you asked about finding him on a whats app, he assumed you were wanting to message him directly for a more direct (and likely quicker) answer. That’s all.