Football Follies Wild Card Weekend 2018

K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,988Administrator El Jefe

Well well...here we are again...for me? It couldn't be over soon enough...lol...I guess that's why there is next year right?...

For those fortunate enough to pick a good and consistant team? My hats off to you...wish you all the best for the playoffs...so lets get down to business...first round here we go...

Texans v Colts
TWO bad offensive lines versus each other...Hate to say it but this looks like a defensive battle...low scoring 3 hours in a dentists chair type of game...

Seahawks v Cowboys
Seahawks suck on the road...Cowboys offense sucks when you take away Cooper from the long ball and limit Elliot...Zak just can't move the team downfield...looks like another defensive trench war...this one will be more exciting I think...

Chargers v Ravens
Anyone miss that week 16 game when the Ravens beat the crap out of the Chargers 22-10? Yea look for more of the same...

Eagles v Bears
Well now, this one is the one that interests me...Can Trubearsky play flawlessly? Are the Bears just going to lean on the defense to carry them? Can Foles recapture the lightning in the bottle he seems to have in the postseason? Seriously what is it with this guy?... Plays like crap until Wentz gets back in the game...and then starts playing lights out when he gets hurt again...I hate this dude...lol...

Gimme your predictions if you got time...love to hear what you think...

Pick your team...only a couple left...you know the rules...

Comments

• smedlinsmedlin Posts: 2,182Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭

Texans v Colts
    TWO bad offensive lines versus each other...Hate to say it but this looks like a defensive battle...low scoring 3 hours in a dentists chair type of game...

Seahawks v Cowboys
    Seahawks suck on the road...Cowboys offense sucks when you take away Cooper from the long ball and limit Elliot...Zak just can't move the team downfield...looks like another defensive trench war...this one will be more exciting I think...

yea.. I think you won the bag of shame this week.. waaaay off on both those :)

Go CowBoys! (I knew it would be a close game and would come down to the very end...)
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 7,089Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Remember when he said "The Bears are for real"... yeah, like always, they are a defensive team with no offence. That game was a 3 hour snooze fest, capped off by the FG hitting the bar. The North was TERRIBLE this year, and the Bears looked just slightly better than the rest... but not good.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,988Administrator El Jefe
    OK, I was only off on ONE...the Texans game...I think everyone was shocked Luck came out like he did...and they should have never taken their foot off the gas peddle...

That Cowboys game I called perfectly...It WAS more exciting than the Texans game...the Texans game was exciting for about 1 1/2 quarters...then it just sucked...

The Cowboys game sucked the first half and then it got good...

As for my predictions?

Point 1: the Hawk's did NOT take away Cooper and they did NOT limit Zeke...if they did? It would have went the way I said exactly...besides I never predicted the Hawks would do that...I just said that was the way to beat the Cowboys...

Point 2: Dude you gotta face it...if the Hawk's didn't shoot themselves in the foot with the penalties?...The Boy's would not have scored that last touchdown...3 penalties for 19 yards is what did it...

Lastly: That Cowboys secondary sucked...Wilson shredded them that last 1 1/3 quarters...but it was too little too late...they freaking averaged 8.8 yards per attempt in the first half alone...doesn't take a genius to figure out they should have quit running the ball...well I guess it does because Pete Carrol obviously never got the memo...

Congrats on the win...it get tougher from here...

As for the Bears...yea I am on the fence about this one...true the NFC North sucked this year...true the Bears were the best of the worst...are they for real?...Time will tell...
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 7,089Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    I am not saying they don't have some potential, but they have a lot of holes to fill. They gotta learn to score some points and make some plays on offence... But so does everyone else in the North. So everyone has a decent or better QB, and the Vikes and Bears have a defense. The Pack has half an offence, and half a defense, and the Lions just have a decent QB.
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 10,077Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Football is still happening?
    @MidOhioHydrographics Jim is gonna take you out back and put you out of your misery some day. Just think about the tending the rabbits...

Football is still happening?

You godless heathen...
    He he he....On to the final 4 huh?...

Not a wild card team made it out of the second round...Eagles looked good for a quarter...
  • NotSoFastNotSoFast Posts: 3,433Member, Moderator El Moderator
    #1 vs #2 seeds on both sides.

I can't express how mad I was during the first quarter of the Eagles/Saints game last night. But, you could physically feel things change when Lattimore made that first interception. Down 14 and I KNEW they were going to come back and pull it off.
    @NotSoFast I kinda felt the momentum change during that “fake” punt...when they pulled that off?...It was swinging the other way for sure...time to start a new thread...
  • CrazyDipperCrazyDipper Posts: 84Member
    I dont k ow about the rest of you but im allready itching to get to next season with higher hopes for my titans and good luck to rest of you losers as well lol
    Hey @K2Concepts We doing Football Follies this year? Or have you already given up on your team assuming they will take 50% of the worst losses?
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 10,077Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    I have my memes ready...

@WileECoyote My team looked a heck of a lot better than you team in the first game...

@MidOhioHydrographics Shup Foo...
    Yeah, the Vikings looked good. No doubt about that.
    OK NEW CONTEST IS UP!