Candy over Dip

Hey guys/girls

I am a noobie to dipping, i would like to dip a few Games consoles and controllers , iwant to add some colour to the films, i been told to use Candy over the top, then clear coat ?
Is this correct and should i do aything else. Also is there any videos showing the process of airbrusing on top? iv looked on youtube but cant fine any

All help Appreciated :) Thanks

Comments

• SreynoldsSreynolds Posts: 1,485Member ✭✭✭✭
    @djsmooth , I think I would get the basics down first before I started playing with candy and such... Just my opinion
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,956Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    I don't know your skill set, equipment, or materials you are using, so I would need more info. These are more complex processes than most entry level dippers can handle. You are going to need a bit bigger "cup" gun than an airbrush. Start filling in some answers and we may be able to help you out.
  • djsmoothdjsmooth Posts: 6Member
    @WileECoyote , I should be more detailed sorry.
    Beginner using a iwata airbrush and small compressor, only looking at adding some colour to some films . I have seen a Black and white Joker film and the dipper had Airbrushed some candy in places on top just so it popped . im only doing small pieces ( Games consoles, Controllers, Phone cases)
    Was looking at Createx or HOK . Need to know the procedure and best paint to use for what im dipping .

Hope this clears things up so you can help :)

All help appreciated cheers
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,952Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Yeah a translucent airbrush paint may work for what you want to accomplish. I use Wicked colors in our airbrushes, but HOK makes really good stuff. Never tried a “candy” through an airbrush. 
  • DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,868Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    @djsmooth I shoot candies through my airbrush to color only certain parts of a film instead of the whole thing. I use Inspire airbrush paints. They have a decent selection in candies and they can be found at Specialty Paints 
    The process would be after u dip let it dry and then airbrush in your colors. After they dry put on a top coat

@djsmooth I shoot candies through my airbrush to color only certain parts of a film instead of the whole thing. I use Inspire airbrush paints. They have a decent selection in candies and they can be found at Specialty Paints 
    The process would be after u dip let it dry and then airbrush in your colors. After they dry put on a top coat

Just what i wanted to hear :)
    Great Thanks bud
  • loochlooch Posts: 1,866Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    @djsmooth here ya go waterbased for airbrushing 
  • DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,868Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Auto air also carries candy2.0 colors that are good too. I personally prefer Inspire but it is a solvent.  
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,861Administrator El Jefe

Auto air also carries candy2.0 colors that are good too. I personally prefer Inspire but it is a solvent.  

Me too...
    looch said:

@djsmooth here ya go waterbased for airbrushing 

Thanks bro

Me too...
    Ok il look into Inspire also thanks