Never judge a book by it's cover

dippinchitdippinchit Posts: 120Member ✭✭
I have to say,damn good dip.

Comments

• studebakerstudebaker Posts: 3,021Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! 2 minutes hydration time! I guess an 82-degree water temp makes it take a long time....
  • CoastalHydrographicsCoastalHydrographics Posts: 3,047Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    This guy has mastered the activator gun lol. Holy crap!! Has anyone else used that as a activator gun? $85 and they supply the hat..wow. I couldn't make money at that price but hey...whatever works for them.
  • NotSoFastNotSoFast Posts: 3,254Member, Moderator El Moderator

This guy has mastered the activator gun lol. Holy crap!! Has anyone else used that as a activator gun? $85 and they supply the hat..wow. I couldn't make money at that price but hey...whatever works for them.

Eh, you can find some cheap hard hats out there. Lowes has them starting at $6.48. That's $78.52 for the dip. I charge $75 for a straight dip on a hat, so the math works out, assuming he's selling cheap hats of that price.
    I must just be to high then. Been told that quite a bit. lol
    NotSoFast said:

Eh, you can find some cheap hard hats out there. Lowes has them starting at $6.48. That's $78.52 for the dip. I charge $75 for a straight dip on a hat, so the math works out, assuming he's selling cheap hats of that price.
  • dippinchitdippinchit Posts: 120Member ✭✭
    Hi #studebaker Just so you know that the pattern can sit in your tank all day long and be fine.
    It can only suck up x amount of water, test it.
    If you know how to read the film you can dip to any temp of water.[that whole 60 second thing is way over rated to sell tanks. The water spray bar is not needed. Here we make tanks with a single sided over flow and sump. In other countries the put one open tank inside another tank and add warm water and the entire surface over flows on all sides. Too many start-up guys putting up table top tanks for what they paid for them. Plus the guys who abandon them in the garage.
    90 degrees is a good way to keep your hands warm but not needed.
    Did you see the boat dip tank? Try and cover that area with little cans of compressed air.
    I am under the impression this was videoed years ago. They are no longer in business.
    They have OSHA approved Hard Hats and they sell "bump caps" for
    people on site but not near any overhead construction.[boss-salesman-investors]
    I have been on 100's of work sites in NJ and NY and NEVER have i seen a
    "dipped" hat on any job. The iron workers have a Brown hard hat and they are a different breed of guy's.
    99% of real work hard hats are covered in safety stickers required for each safety meeting you attend.
    Dipped hats are wall hangers or truck hangers.
    I had thought the spray was for the camera. It was not. That was the application method they used all the time.
    Whatever he charges it is not enough to cover Dental insurance.

• jtagliajtaglia Posts: 2,291Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    We can't dip hard hats here in AZ & still meet OSHA specs.

NotSoFast said:

Meh, I'd rather miss a job due to being too expensive in their mind than do all that work and not make enough profit to make it worth my time.
    jtaglia said:

We can't dip hard hats here in AZ & still meet OSHA specs.

Technically, you probably can't anywhere in the US. Same with motorcycle helmets. If you alter them, they no longer meet specifications. They have been altered from factory condition.
    edited October 2016
    The insurance co could say you modified the product and you know how that goes.
  • SreynoldsSreynolds Posts: 1,381Member ✭✭✭✭
    Whatever works I guess........
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,400Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator

Hi #studebaker Just so you know that the pattern can sit in your tank all day long and be fine.

Dont use the # symbol, if you use the @ symbol it alerts the person that you are talking to them, Like this @dippinchit. And yes you can leave the pattern sit on the water all day, but your pattern is going to distort and move around the longer you leave it sit there.

If you know how to read the film you can dip to any temp of water.[that whole 60 second thing is way over rated to sell tanks.

Activation or "reading your film" is not affected by your water temp. The film hydrates faster when you have warmer water.

The water spray bar is not needed. Here we make tanks with a single sided over flow and sump. In other countries the put one open tank inside another tank and add warm water and the entire surface over flows on all sides.

There is a logical flow to the way that the tanks are designed here. From one end to the other is a more efficient way to remove contaminates. When you overflow on all sides you cause more turbulence and your cleaning cycle takes longer. This is also the reason for the spray bar... the film sits at the top of the water, and when your jets are set up correctly, you can clean the surface with only a few seconds of the pump running. Tanks are designed for efficiency and speed, not needed in all cases, but that is how they are designed.

Correct it is not needed, but there is very clear evidence that it does more than "just keep your hands warm"
    http://k2forums.com/discussion/comment/83261/#Comment_83261
    http://k2forums.com/discussion/3030/dipping-in-colder-temps-dip-busters-ep-1/p1

I have been on 100's of work sites in NJ and NY and NEVER have i seen a
    "dipped" hat on any job.

This is why we constantly warn guys about dipping "safety equipment"

• MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,404Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator

Not sure if that's entirely true. I left Vista Camo on the tank once a few years ago when I forgot to turn my compressor on. Maybe it was residual activator in the water, I don't know. But the "background" sticks and leaves didn't show on the pattern. Was very strange. The main branches (with the white backing) dipped just fine. The others didn't show up at all. It was very strange.

If you know how to read the film you can dip to any temp of water.[that whole 60 second thing is way over rated to sell tanks.

Also not true. We couldn't run our production in cold water. We dip an entire tank worth of parts every 3-3.5 minutes. That couldn't happen in a cold tank.
    I'm with you there buddy. Most of my customers understand the process and don't mind paying but I get those yeti cup customers all the time who complain about my price of $40 n that's IF they choose a pattern I already have but I've learned when dealing with customers your not going to satisfy them all. lol
    NotSoFast said:

NotSoFast said:

Meh, I'd rather miss a job due to being too expensive in their mind than do all that work and not make enough profit to make it worth my time.

Please just kill my post and continue on your marry way.
    It would suck if Jim Killed himself.

• WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,400Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    @dippinchit even wrong information has a place here. I am sure there are others that have thought the same thing, this is an opportunity for them to learn as well. This is a forum, it is a place where ideas get talked about and will be addressed accordingly. You may feel that there was some "piling on", but that is not personal or necessarily directed exclusively directed toward you.

I pulled apart your individual statements to address each one individually so that ALL the information could be accounted for. I don't want things getting lost in a long rebuttal that someone wont read.

At the end of the day, the information was given out, and I am sure at least YOU learned some things... but I bet a few others did as well. Honestly, I didn't know the inks would dilute by leaving it sit for too long.

Here is an opportunity to learn one more thing that this forum can always use more of... TESTING. If you have a theory? test it... document what happened. Record it so others can see the conditions... come to a conclusion and approach the group with it. When I saw that @IceMaster had recorded an experiment with 2 films, I watched the video SPECIFICALLY looking for failure points... I couldn't find one. That ONLY happened because he recorded it.

Don't be gunshy about sharing opinions or theorys... but remember, until you have some proof to back it up? It's a THEORY, not a fact.
    WC Thanks for the edit. Mistakes are not mistakes until you can't fix them and did not learn anything from it.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,340Administrator El Jefe

WC Thanks for the edit. Mistakes are not mistakes until you can't fix them and did not learn anything from it.

Well see here is your downfall...and don't get me wrong because I know you are a supporter of this forum and the videos I post...

But the bottom line is that you are bringing up damn near everything that has already been proved false and/or been tried and proven faulty and inconsistent...now I know you are new to the trade and I can appreciate that...but nothing you have posted has proven to be of anything of value...just a rehash of inconsequential data...use the search bar and quit trying to recreate the wheel...it's round and it works...start from there...
  • SreynoldsSreynolds Posts: 1,381Member ✭✭✭✭
    I just spit my coffee out........ on my damn laptop !! Thanks Jim
  • tizdippedtizdipped Posts: 38Member
    Haha this is good reading and that activator gun \bottle 😂😂