Activator/ Premium Films — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Activator/ Premium Films

does y'all's activator work with TWN films?

Comments

• UptonSpoonUptonSpoon Posts: 554Member ✭✭✭
    I haven't tried Y'alls activator.
    Superbrew is more than capable I'm sure, as would be Hydrovaot+
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,230Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator

Super brew, K2brew and Hydrovator work with the majority of prints made. There is nothing particular about TWN films that requires them to be used with any particular activator.
  • ArandomTaco27ArandomTaco27 Posts: 19Member

Super brew, K2brew and Hydrovator work with the majority of prints made. There is nothing particular about TWN films that requires them to be used with any particular activator.

Thanks for the advise, I have a coworker who is looking at one of their premium films.
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,230Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Superbrew hasn't found one that it didn't like yet
  • TsunamiTsunami Posts: 4,952Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭

Superbrew hasn't found one that it didn't like yet

Some carbons don't like it. There are a couple that I have had crisper colors with Hydrovator. Having both around just lets me sleep easier at night. And with you know who. LOL
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,137Administrator El Jefe
    HEY!!!
  • AlleycatAlleycat Posts: 8Member
    I've bought your film on ebay. But I bought a different activator from southern Hydrograhic. 
    I was completely excited to start dipping after waiting 9 long days for my activator. I set everything up and for some reason. That activator didn't work with your film.  The film never activated I wasted good film. The film was like paper it never released under the activator. I had some film left and used some left over Activator from another company. Wouldn't you know it . It worked. I spoke with some very nice people over at Southern hydrograhics . They said they NEVER had any issues with there activator. So I'm thinking it's possibly the film. They said they would send out a test piece of film to try with there activator. My question is.. Do you have any issues with other brand activator not working with your film? 
  • NotSoFastNotSoFast Posts: 3,207Member, Moderator El Moderator
    edited November 2016
    Alleycat said:

I've bought your film on ebay. But I bought a different activator from southern Hydrograhic. 
    I was completely excited to start dipping after waiting 9 long days for my activator. I set everything up and for some reason. That activator didn't work with your film.  The film never activated I wasted good film. The film was like paper it never released under the activator. I had some film left and used some left over Activator from another company. Wouldn't you know it . It worked. I spoke with some very nice people over at Southern hydrograhics . They said they NEVER had any issues with there activator. So I'm thinking it's possibly the film. They said they would send out a test piece of film to try with there activator. My question is.. Do you have any issues with other brand activator not working with your film? 

I've never heard of any activator completely not working with any film. Some work better than others, but they all at least break down the solids and don't leave it like a sheet of paper. The only times that I have heard of a film just laying there and not activating at all is when it was on the water upside down.
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,255Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    @Alleycat any activator can work with any film, if someone tells you otherwise? They're probably trying to sell you their product. That being said, some films act better and hold colors better using certain formulations of activator. Not sure who you are referring to when you say "your film" since I don't see any film suppliers in the discussion. TWN is mentioned but you can't buy their film off eBay.
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,255Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Also if the film did nothing when sprayed? There's a good chance it was placed on the water upside down.

Read up. Tons of info on this forum to help you out.
  • AlleycatAlleycat Posts: 8Member
    @MidOhioHydrographics ioHydrographics I bought my film from Mydipkit off of ebay. I thought maybe my film was upside down too. But I did a second item and the film reacted the same way. K2 suggested I find a easier item to dip . Baseball helmets are difficult because of the shape . At this point it's all  trial and error. Thanks for the reply 
  • LibertymanLibertyman Posts: 944Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭

Also if the film did nothing when sprayed? There's a good chance it was placed on the water upside down.

Read up. Tons of info on this forum to help you out.

I was thinking the same thing with the film being upside down, ( like we all haven't done that at one point in our lives). It's amazing how the film just lays there when it's on the water the wrong way after it's been sprayed.