You know your a pro when... - Page 4 — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You know your a pro when...

124»

Comments

• DarkHollowDarkHollow Posts: 75Member ✭✭
    When you shut down between Christmas and New Years and wonder where the hell this weeks income is going to come from...
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 5,857Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    @Libertymanyour floor will someday have a nice thick coating of paint on it...
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,761Administrator El Jefe

When you shut down between Christmas and New Years and wonder where the hell this weeks income is going to come from...

Yea that is a real concern when you get to that status...BUT a nice quandary to have...at least you have a choice to work or not...thats a good problem to have...
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,932Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator

Yea that is a real concern when you get to that status...BUT a nice quandary to have...at least you have a choice to work or not...thats a good problem to have...
    If we couldn’t afford to shut down, we wouldn’t shut down. I could have given the guys only the main days off, but family time is very important to me and worth a hell of a lot. My guys actually get two weeks of paid shut downs a year, plus most holidays off. And after 2 years, they get another 40 hours to use as they please.
  • smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,438Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
    You know your a pro when.. instead of working in the shop, you take the wife out and drink margaritas all night.
  • LibertymanLibertyman Posts: 766Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    @smedlin, then come home afterwards and try to mix up some paint or clear and forget to put the liner in the cup ;) ;)

@Libertymanyour floor will someday have a nice thick coating of paint on it...

Ya there's plenty of it there now, that's for sure.

• smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,438Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭

@smedlin, then come home afterwards and try to mix up some paint or clear and forget to put the liner in the cup ;) ;)

Shoot.. I got the rear end of a 4 wheeler in the paint booth, all ready to clear. I thought about it when I came home just now.. but was like.. umm.. 5 margaritas as few shots? Na....I don't feel like having to sand it down and redoing it tomorrow.
    @smedlin, good call bud,, enjoy the evening, it's the holidays
  • DarkHollowDarkHollow Posts: 75Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017

Yes it is. I normally would keep on keeping on but a reunion is this week mixed in with a wedding and its all high school friends so I made the decision to shut down however I am picking up work through the week that folks want done and they know it will get done next week due to the situation.

If we couldn’t afford to shut down, we wouldn’t shut down. I could have given the guys only the main days off, but family time is very important to me and worth a hell of a lot. My guys actually get two weeks of paid shut downs a year, plus most holidays off. And after 2 years, they get another 40 hours to use as they please.
    Very nice!!

Thankfully I can for this week but I have to say it sure feels weird not rockin and rollin as usual but the gathering and wedding will be fun, we are all up in age now, one of our group has passed away and to see high school friends again, well, not sure if and when it will happen again.
    OK maybe I should mention part 2 where you put the liner in the cup BEFORE you mix the clear?...Yea that part...
  • loochlooch Posts: 1,569Member ✭✭✭✭
    @smedlin stop staring at randys **badword** while your mixing clear and that won't happen  =)
    looch said:

@smedlin stop staring at randys **badword** while your mixing clear and that won't happen  =)

And there ya go...
  • preedpreed Posts: 374Member ✭✭✭✭
    When k2 brew is in the house!
    (Gonna give it a shot)

Well, will wonders never cease...
124»