Deer skull turned out sweet lol

Btimes3Btimes3 Posts: 128Member ✭✭
had to share did some airbrushing to darken up some areas and turned out great 

Comments

• loochlooch Posts: 1,691Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice work 
  • Archer0545Archer0545 Posts: 806Member ✭✭✭
    Very nice! I did one in a woodgrain that came out really nice too! I think it's a great look for skulls!
  • DippenDaveDippenDave Posts: 26Member
    Sweet looks great. To bad the nose looks like it got burned off
  • willie14228willie14228 Posts: 235Member ✭✭✭

Sweet looks great. To bad the nose looks like it got burned off

when we do woodworking we call that opportunity, A lot of the spalted wood will have voids and the like, We will use products like this

and clear filler epoxy to build it up

Search around and you can find a lot of information on how its done
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,259Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Very cool @willie14228! Wood working is one of my hobbies (that I don't have time for) and that's an awesome idea!
  • willie14228willie14228 Posts: 235Member ✭✭✭
    @MidOhioHydrographics @Btimes3 , You can use the same idea on doing these skulls, like the center ridgeline will sometimes widen on you from boiling out your green skull. Or Btimes, if you really wanted to make that skull pop and extremely unique look at the missing nose notice how it has a butterfly or dragon wing pattern, there are different color fillers that you can use, run your center a dark fill or perhaps the reverse a silver or gold metallic fill of one type or another and alternate colors inside the "wings" the result a butterfly or dragon ... You have the makings of a tail running down the nose already
    Don't get me wrong it already looks awesome and you did a great job, just throwing an idea out