Booth coat

ImmortalImmortal Posts: 261Member ✭✭✭
Does it work on stainless steel?

Comments

• WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,230Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Well I would guess the first question would be WHAT booth coat are you talking about? The stuff that Prime Coatings makes works on stainless, Yes. It works on any surface that can have paint put on it, including dirty surfaces, and plywood, and plastic sheeting.
  • ImmortalImmortal Posts: 261Member ✭✭✭
    You are correct, I should have been more specific. I was in between calls and rushed my post.  I had been looking at the 3m stuff.  Where can I buy the prime stuff and any idea on cost of it?
  • Archer0545Archer0545 Posts: 806Member ✭✭✭
    What is booth coat and what does it do?
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,259Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    http://k2forums.com/discussion/3027/prime-coatings-white-spray-booth-coating/p1?new=1

@Archer0545 here's a write up and some pics of our booth. The stuff works great. We now apply it with a pressure pot and pressure feed gun and it works fine.
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,230Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    @Immortal Prime Coatings is in Pewaukee Wisconsin. and its cheap, like $30 a gallon or so, and a gallon might last you a year or 2 depending on the size of your booth.
    Thank you. Just stopped at local body shop supply store and they gave me a couple gallons of some stuff to try. Can't go wrong with free, right??
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,259Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Immortal said:

Thank you. Just stopped at local body shop supply store and they gave me a couple gallons of some stuff to try. Can't go wrong with free, right??

Heck no! That's fantastic. Here is the most recent pricing I recieved on the Prime Coatings Booth coating:
    10 gallons (2x5 gal pails) 30525 Booth Coat, $33.85/gal , extended price $338.50

But that's in 5 gallon pails. Not sure what just a gallon would be.
    Heck no! That's fantastic. Here is the most recent pricing I recieved on the Prime Coatings Booth coating: 10 gallons (2x5 gal pails) 30525 Booth Coat, $33.85/gal , extended price $338.50 But that's in 5 gallon pails. Not sure what just a gallon would be.
    They have been great to deal with, very supportive of small shops. 
    I agree @Immortal. Between them and Marc Devaud from NanoChem, testing coatings for production has been amazing. They are both willing to sample coatings for me and send me samples to test when needed.
    I agree @Immortal. Between them and Marc Devaud from NanoChem, testing coatings for production has been amazing. They are both willing to sample coatings for me and send me samples to test when needed.
    I was speaking of the local body shop.  Man I am really f'ing up this internet communication thing lately. 
    But I'm sure prime is great. Aqualac is fantastic 
  • SkinEDippinSkinEDippin Posts: 80Member ✭✭
    The 3M booth coating also works really good, and the plus side of it is that you dont have to wash or peel it off when its time to replace it just pull off the rolls, works great.