Help with airbrush booth — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help with airbrush booth

kylegabbertkylegabbert Posts: 263Member ✭✭✭
I looking to build an airbrush booth with a filter and exhaust fan in the back. My question is, I know that the fan will pull all the overspray, but won't it also pull dust that's in the air across the wet paint?

Comments

• IceMasterIceMaster Posts: 1,303Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    @kylegabbert - airbrush booths are way different than regular spray paint booths in that they don't require much exhaust. Do a search on Google for homemade airbrush paint booths and you'll see what I mean. They really don't use enough exhaust to "pull" dirt into the parts. Also, airbrush paint dries very quickly. Something like this with a very little fan is pretty much all I use

• kylegabbertkylegabbert Posts: 263Member ✭✭✭
    How much cfm is your fan? I found one with 240 cfm, which I intend on mounting to the back of the booth. @IceMaster
  • IceMasterIceMaster Posts: 1,303Member ✭✭✭✭

How much cfm is your fan? I found one with 240 cfm, which I intend on mounting to the back of the booth. @IceMaster

I don't remember off the top of my head but I doubt it's much more than that. Does the trick though. Another thing I do to help is lightly mist my booth with a spray bottle of water to help keep overspray and dirt down as well.