K2 Forums Remote Training May 2017 **Edited with info AND Link**

K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,340Administrator El Jefe
edited November 2016 in K2Forums.com News

OK Guys, I forgot to put in all the related information. Joe @MidOhioHydrographics has been kind enough to take up the slack but here is the info:

CLICK HERE FOR LINK TO DEPOSIT PAGE!!!

Cost:
$1750 for the first student of the company registering and $475 for each student after that. This fee includes any additional training whether it is a remote class or at our new Beaumont, CA location. You must put at least a deposit down or payment in full to lock in your spot for the class. Balances can be paid either beforehand or at the class. VISA, M/C, AMEX, PayPal are all accepted.

Training Dates:
May 18th, 19th, and 20th 2017
Possible Business Seminar: May 21, 2017

Start time:
9am, usually ending around 5:00 pm but this is flexible.

Address to the training facility is:
Mid-Ohio Hydrographics
298 Tower Dr.
Mansfield, OH 44906

You can ship training materials here in advance if you'd like (so you don't have to take them on a plane, etc.) just PM Joe @MidOhioHydrographics tracking info so he can expect it.

I believe last time, most everyone stayed at the Hampton Inn about 10 minutes from the shop. There are closer hotels, but there is more to do and more places to eat next to the Hampton. there is also a Fairfield Inn & Suites right next to the Hampton. These are only suggestions. There may be cheaper/closer places if you like.

Hampton Inn Mansfield/Ontario
1051 N. Lexington Springmill Rd,
Mansfield, Ohio, 44906,
(419) 747-5353

Fairfield Inn & Suites
1065 N Lexington-Springmill Rd,
Mansfield, OH 44906
(419) 747-2200

As Joe and everyone else that has attended the training has mentioned? It is a blast and everyone has a great time. I meet with each and every student during the class and concentrate my efforts on their questions and weaknesses. Please attend if you at all contemplating this trade as a business or even a "hobby" as you will save yourself much grief...and you will come away with a whole new outlook on the business aspects.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Post edited by K2Concepts on

Comments

• 2Kreate2Kreate Posts: 283Member ✭✭✭
    Next year I'll be attending one! 
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,404Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    edited November 2016
    Ok guys! Get your deposits in! Here is a list of commitments so far!

Commitment List thus far:
    (1) @looch
    (2) @frankargenzy + 1 Person
    (3) @jkucinic
    (4) @Americanfieldarms + 1 Person
    (5) @Forsi + 1 Person
    (6) Willow Wood Prosthetics @jonshell
    (7) @Bluewater
    (8) @sengland1988 + 1 or 2 people
    (9) @MiPilot
    (10) @islanddipper
    (11) @mielkewaygraphics
    (12) @Ravenbones
    (13) @Cowgirl
    (14) @chad6713
    (15) @k2motorsports + 1 Person

I would love to see as many sponsors here as possible! @Dinnetta_gobigbrain @kansashydro @liquidconcepts @pahydrographics @studebaker

I believe that SmartSolve wants to bring their super fancy high-dollar printer down and do an on-site demo. Also, I recently had dinner w Marc Devaud, a NanoChem rep and pro on many paint/clear lines, and he is going to really try and make it out also.

You won't get this kind of opportunity anyplace else. Promise you that! You will be exposed to so many products, paints, clears, activators... With no pressure! Everyone is friends, and nobody pushes you to purchase anything at all. Try them and make your own decision about what will work for you.
    Post edited by MidOhioHydrographics on
  • loochlooch Posts: 1,731Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deposit is in cant wait
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,404Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    2Kreate said:

Next year I'll be attending one! 

This does take place next year... :smiley: And if you're considering it? Have a look at how long it took to get the required number of companies. If you're wanting a remote training class, I wouldn't wait. Who knows when the next one will take place.
    I definitely would like to get in on it @MidOhioHydrographics but we're having our third child end of January and I want to make sure he's  out and healthy first before I go spending that cash . 
    2Kreate said:

I definitely would like to get in on it @MidOhioHydrographics but we're having our third child end of January and I want to make sure he's  out and healthy first before I go spending that cash . 

Oh I hear you loud and clear. 3 daughters here... Ages 6, 4, and one that will be 2 on January 29th! Be ready... now as parents you're outnumbered. :lol:
    Oh I hear you loud and clear. 3 daughters here... Ages 6, 4, and one that will be 2 on January 29th! Be ready... now as parents you're outnumbered. :lol:
    Got blessed with all girls huh :) we have a 4 yr old girl, almost 2 yr old boy and a boy in the belly :)Haha yeah I was thinking about that the other day that they'll have the upper hand lol.  jk not in my house!  January 29th is our due date actually! 
    Yeah that should be fun! looks like your raising them right!  good work! 
  • s2koncepts2koncept Posts: 159Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    bummer, was really hoping this one wouldn't fall into my busy season in the fields. Didn't go to the class but came over for the weekend to meet (drink) with some of the guys and had a blast. Hopefully see ya guys next time.
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,400Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    @MidOhioHydrographics you are going to have a teen-aged girl in your house for over a decade. I have a friend with 3 girls who is up to 15 years, and another with 4 that is looking at 22 years straight... He says its like having 5 wives, and they are never happy all at the same time.
  • hlwpthlwpt Posts: 88Member, Business Ninja ✭✭
    For those of us who are returning students, will we get an updated training manual? We should also have a drawing separate from the new students for prizes :)

Jim hit the nail when he said you cannot be focused on completed projects. After speaking with a lot of other students I attended with, there were a lot of things which were missed or just not covered. So, you have to stay fluid while you are there as much as possible and not get bogged down on things.

Having said that, I would like to see each student get a check list to be sure all the teaching points are hit. In my classes, I have students check the boxes as we cover topics in class, then after field training, go over and check off what was covered in the field. This ensures all students are getting the information I want them to have. If they are unclear about something, they can be brought to the side or cover it quickly if possible. Some of the training goals are actually signed off by myself and other instructors as they are taught, so we know who taught that tactics or technique.

edited November 2016
    A check list is a great idea, actually. It's the idea of "you don't know what you don't know" so a guide would be nice.
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,400Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    @hlwpt I can say for certain though that there was NOTHING that was not covered in some way. I have seen instructors ask the entire class if there was anything that needed to be covered yet, and had instructors standing around toward the end of the class each time. We can only push so hard... But that is the beauty of @K2Concepts classes... return anytime you like for more FREE training. But we can't teach you how to be assertive as well.

I can only speak for what I have witnessed myself, but it has been mentioned MANY times that after the first day the students come back with a glazed look on their faces... "It's like drinking from a fire hose". The information comes at you so fast that you have to get your head on straight or you are gonna miss stuff. You have to remember we have at BEST, 3 days to get you all the information that it took us YEARS to learn, and we are dealing with people starting with WIDELY different experience levels. We encourage people to take video, we take people back and show them multiple times, and we encourage questions constantly.

That being said... I have shown guys how to clear, walked them through it, watched them do it with guidance, and observed them on their own, knowing they still don't grasp it fully... while missing an entire day in the tank. We still have to try to give those guys their money's worth, but people are waiting on me for the next step that have a better shot at doing this. So sometimes we have to cut our losses. There is ALOT of good things that come out of the group dynamic, but if you learn better in a controlled, structured environment with a schedule... this is not for you. Instructors feel like firefighters, we are running from one group to the next. For ten or more hours a day. While trying to remain approachable. Possibly with a hangover (Depending if you were hanging with @onehitwonder till 3 am)

And in the end remember, the techniques to teach these classes are getting better with every one... all five that have ever existed. The "instructors" are simply guys that do this on their own, part time typically (except Jim). And teaching may be their 3-4 job (day job, dipper and possibly something else too) I guess it caught me off guard that there is any negative feedback from these remotes, maybe it just never filtered down to me.

• hlwpthlwpt Posts: 88Member, Business Ninja ✭✭
    I do not think the majority of students have a problem "being assertive" :). However, you do not know what you do not know... So, to ask a student to speak up when they think they got it all is not conducive to a good learning environment. Yes, students learn in different ways, but that was not an issue for me or others. It simply seemed more disorganized with some segments than others. Don't get me wrong, it was a blast, but there is room for improvement. As stated by several people, the classes are getting better each time.

With various groups involved with multiple activities, it is simple to miss out on some of them, teaching points or conversations that are had outside of their presence.

I have been an instructor for a long time for numerous topics, so I know a thing or two, but I am always open to student and co-instructor feedback and crtique. Anytime you can take something away from another instructor to use as your own, you can continue to improve your craft work.

it goes without saying there is a ton of information to be passes along within 3 days. So, why not have it organized in a way everyone is getting exposed to at least A-Z. Anything else is whip cream on top :)
    I would say the training manual is sort of a step-by-step guide. And then there are stations set up that everyone should hit. Guess I don't know exactly how to improve it. Do you have any specific suggestions @hlwpt ?? Maybe just a list of stations to hit before they leave?
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,340Administrator El Jefe
    Well, that's kind of the reason for the lifetime buy in...I am well aware that we cannot possibly get everything into every student's brain in those 3 days...same with the one on one here at my shop...my emphasis will always be on building the foundation...if I got that much into every student then I think we have done our job...once the students have the foundation? They can build on it...no foundation? No building...

Honestly, I think 3 breakout groups per day for 3 days had pretty much covered it all...I can start a check-list I guess but I think I do that in my brain by meeting with every student several times during the course to make sure there were no one slipping between the cracks...or at least that was my thinking...maybe I am off base...
  • NocturnalCoatingsLLCNocturnalCoatingsLLC Posts: 30Member
    I would like to sign up.
    @NocturnalCoatingsLLC Sent you a e-mail...
  • wolfdog0729wolfdog0729 Posts: 207Member ✭✭✭
    I am trying to get money around. I really want to come
    I am basically a newbie. Im really wanting to make this into a business eventually. Is this training a good start? I have brand new guns i bought from Jason at ohw.
    edited November 2016
    @wolfdog0729 yes, this training is the best start for beginners. I can't speak for every training out there (and remember I don't make a penny off this, so I'm not trying to sell anything). I did train w Liquid Print first, and then have experienced two K2 Remote Trainings and I can tell you the K2 training was worlds above. Best thing is you get exposed to multiple paint suppliers, multiple activator brands, train in a production-level full time shop, and can make your own decisions about which produces you prefer.
    Post edited by MidOhioHydrographics on
  • DallenDallen Posts: 1,725Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
    I have attended three remote classes in Kansas and have learned something new at all three. a person learns so much that it is hard to wrap you head around everything a lot hits you later on and you have those ah ha moments and say that's what he was talking about. and the benefit of the class is the support that comes with it you can return if you are having trouble or call not to mention the forum. And if people a wondering if the class is worth it well that's a no brainier just ask any student most will say if you are going to do this then take Jim's class you get the fundamentals and a great platform to start with and gets you above the playing field
    Thank you Dave...hopefully we can do a Kansas later in the year and catch up with you again...
  • DallenDallen Posts: 1,725Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully there is a class they are alwaysfun
    edited November 2016
    I will do what i have to 2 get to ohio. This is destiny. 
    Post edited by wolfdog0729 on
     =) 
  • mflood3800mflood3800 Posts: 33Member
    Are there plans for a training session on the west anywhere?
    Are there plans for a training session on the west anywhere?
    My shop is in California...cant get much further than that...
  • mflood3800mflood3800 Posts: 33Member
    Jim, I am not far from the Beaumont/ Banning area when I work in AZ area thru out the winter. Do you have a training seminar you do there as well? All I saw was the Ak, Ohio one?