Paint booth regulations? — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Paint booth regulations?

corey1616corey1616 Posts: 71Member
Throwing around the idea to just build a Paint booth instead of buying one? R there rules and regulations for this or can you just build a small room and be done with it....????

Comments

• SreynoldsSreynolds Posts: 1,184Member ✭✭✭✭
    depends on whos involved
  • loochlooch Posts: 1,464Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah you can till someone stops in for work and rats you out trust no one lol
  • corey1616corey1616 Posts: 71Member
    ok so there is lol just try to keep hush hush
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,702Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Yes, every state/city/county/township has fire codes and HVAC codes, etc. that you will have to comply with. These vary, and it's your responsibility to know them. But... guys paint in their garages all the time.

PS - This is why I like Aqualac. Water based, no VOC's :wink:
    If you are running a business in the city limits, I would stick as close to code as possible. If you like me, outside the limits running a business odds are thin on getting checked. It goes back to what Jim has said about being educated in this line of work. How you say things and how much you say could make or break ya. The only inspection I have had was with the ATF, and she couldn't care less about hydrographics........didn't even know what it was. She said " oh yeah that camo sticker stuff". I said " yea that's it". Things could change and I have to meet code tomorrow ??? But the part of Alabama Im in is pretty laid back for now I guess.... good luck
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,702Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Sreynolds said:

She said " oh yeah that camo sticker stuff". I said " yea that's it".

Perfect response. Well done.
    Im 34 now..... learned how much trouble my mouth could get me in years ago... ;)
    I'll be 33 this December... still learning, just ask my wife :lol:
    Yea I already ran one of those off
    Sreynolds said:

10 years next year and Going strong! I found a unicorn.
  • 2Kreate2Kreate Posts: 283Member ✭✭✭
    10 years next year and Going strong! I found a unicorn.

This your unicorn ? haha just kidden
    Bunch of oldies up in here!  
    edited November 2016
    LMAO! That's great. But no, THIS is my unicorn... looking her best while out dove hunting w/ her Benelli Ethos :wink: #WinningAtLife
    EDIT: And yes, she always out shoots me. I'm fine with that.

Sh/t yeah man, good for you! 10yrs and going strong is awesome .  most get divorced in 3 or shorter anymore.  I also found a unicorn.  I guess we're a couple of the lucky ones out there.  
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,460Administrator El Jefe
    Chuckleheads...and I have 28 years married...30 together...she is my universe...

• WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 5,665Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Your my hero @WileECoyote
    @WileECoyote aren't you engaged to a stripper?
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 5,665Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    edited November 2016
    Well, I WAS engaged to a striper (one who puts pin stripes on gas tanks for Harley Davidson...) but that didnt work out too well.
    But yes, i did date a stripper. This is what she looked like when we were dating

Then a few years after we broke up...

On an unrelated note, computers and social media are revolutionizing the way you can see how your ex's are doing...
  • corey1616corey1616 Posts: 71Member
    I thought this was a paint booth ref. Forum..... ? 
    corey1616 said:
    It turned into a dime piece thread!  lol
    LMAO this is great.

Sorry to hear about the fiance break up, Trevor. I didn't know.
    Looks like he came out on top.........
    Sreynolds said:
    Looks like he came out on top.........
    Thanks, but that trainwreck was just dating. The STRIPER was the one I was engaged too. I'm

corey1616 said:

I am here to help whatever path that takes... even if its a cautionary example to others.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,460Administrator El Jefe
    Yet another great thread derailed...
    corey1616 said:

Throwing around the idea to just build a Paint booth instead of buying one? R there rules and regulations for this or can you just build a small room and be done with it....????

Bottom line? If an inspector catches you spraying solvent based paint and clears in a "booth" that you built yourself? Then yes he is going to shut you down....Bottom line is that if you have a home built or professional booth setup in an area that is not zoned by the city or county for application of coatings? Then you are in violation of an ordinance and therefore you will be shut down and/or fined accordingly.
    I had a DIY booth when we started out...it sucked but it got the job done for us...now that I have 2 professional booths? There is no comparison in both quality and safety...Safety being they key word that everyone who DIY's a booth or tank seems to leave out of their vocabulary...