So much to talk about

dippinchitdippinchit Posts: 120Member ✭✭
This video has plenty to talk about and no one to offend.
was that 12 or 13 Passes of activator on 1 valve cover?
Base coat looked a bit bumpy.
No spray bar in tank
More junk on top of the water then I would gip to.
I like the slow and steady hand of the dipper.
Notice no "cloud"
Notice this guy never gets ink on himself or that bracelet would be black.
They must use a lot of activator in a month?
opinions>

Comments

• MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,404Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Nothing different from the way we do things. Seems like he's using a very low pressure, small tip size, and I saw 3 "passes" of activator. His fan pattern just required him to make multiple strokes during each pass. My gun would cover that entire piece in one pass. I don't think he would go through any more/less activator than anyone else using that film. Otherwise he would over activate the film, right? :wink: It's all relative. One pass w/ a 1.8 tip wide open, three passes w/ a 1.3 tip turned down.

Base coat did have a bit of orange peel, nothing serious. That will be gone w/ a few coats of good gloss clear.

Junk on top of the water makes no difference, as long as the activator slick is gone. But notice he used the dam to move most of the junk out of the way before laying the film?
  • PanamaCityHydroPanamaCityHydro Posts: 554Member ✭✭✭
    kinda looks like that release of air from that tube on the cover blew out the film in that area.
  • CoastalHydrographicsCoastalHydrographics Posts: 3,047Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it did blow out on the side but when its on the motor it will be hard to see that. Thanks to the pattern he's using. lol