Adding a Fanuc robot to our team — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Adding a Fanuc robot to our team

EmeraldcoatingsEmeraldcoatings Posts: 31Member, Business Ninja ✭✭
edited September 2016 in Emerald Coatings
Some new exciting things happing at Emerald Coatings. We just brought on a new work horse to our team, a Fanuc Robot. Over the next few weeks we will be working on setting it up to do everything from painting, activating, dipping, polishing and even taking cool Promo video of products. We figure this will be a great way to run controlled trials with paints, guns, activators, films and much much more.
https://emeraldcoatings.com/

Comments

• RadicalSideHydroRadicalSideHydro Posts: 582Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    Man I want one of those to roll tumblers 
  • PanamaCityHydroPanamaCityHydro Posts: 497Member ✭✭✭
    cool /stary-eyed
  • EmeraldcoatingsEmeraldcoatings Posts: 31Member, Business Ninja ✭✭
    Couldn't resist, had to make a video of its first job.
    Attached an action camera to the end of the robot to collect some cool video clips of a new paint gun we are about to release.
    More videos to come

https://youtube.com/watch?v=rOZX53Bv9to
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 7,979Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Awesome. I may have questions for you at some point. This is still a possibility in my shop. For now we opted for auto activation and a dip arm, but no parts have needed rolled yet. Very, very cool guys!!
  • RadicalSideHydroRadicalSideHydro Posts: 582Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    Definitely going to be following this post. 
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 4,968Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    edited September 2016
    Awesome guys! My former employer bought one exclusively for clear coat, they DEFINITELY increase the output and repeat-ability. Great way to take the human variable out of your testing.

I have logged alot of hours on disassembly, and a few on programming and it looks like you already have a good start to automation going.
    Post edited by WileECoyote on
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 7,979Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator

.... My former employer bought one exclusively for clear coat, they DEFIANTLY increase the output and repeat-ability.....

Defiantly? That's getting into artificial intelligence.... Maybe I don't want one. I don't need more defiant employees :lol:
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 4,968Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Stupid autocorrect.
  • EmeraldcoatingsEmeraldcoatings Posts: 31Member, Business Ninja ✭✭

Awesome. I may have questions for you at some point. This is still a possibility in my shop. For now we opted for auto activation and a dip arm, but no parts have needed rolled yet. Very, very cool guys!!

Ask away if you ever have any questions. I have been programing/working with all kinds of paint robots for 10+ years on a daily basis. I have been wanting my own for awhile now. I just got lucky and stumbled across a used one at the right time.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 11,484Administrator El Jefe
    Looks like I am going to Canada sooner than I expected...Remote class anyone?...
    edited September 2016

Looks like I am going to Canada sooner than I expected...Remote class anyone?...

May be worth a trip!

Ask away if you ever have any questions. I have been programing/working with all kinds of paint robots for 10+ years on a daily basis. I have been wanting my own for awhile now. I just got lucky and stumbled across a used one at the right time.
    I have a guy that programmed my automation that is trained in Fanuc and Kuka (?). He was an electrical engineer for GM for many years. Smart fella. I basically design/build the mechanics of what I want and explain to him what I want it to do. Good resource to have! Lol
  • SreynoldsSreynolds Posts: 1,021Member ✭✭✭✭
    That's a nice addition.