A days work

RadicalSideHydroRadicalSideHydro Posts: 588Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
Dipped and cleared 81 tumblers and dipped and cleared a shotgun today. I'm beat. Buy have just as much or more to do tomorrow so I'm thankful for that.

Comments

• loochlooch Posts: 1,742Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice job 
  • jtagliajtaglia Posts: 2,295Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got tired just knowing what it all took to do every thing
  • PanamaCityHydroPanamaCityHydro Posts: 554Member ✭✭✭
    nice work man! I dream of said pain one day, my current growing pains are more than enough though lol
    you removing the tape after clear? what are you doing about the left over hard line?
  • NotSoFastNotSoFast Posts: 3,276Member, Moderator El Moderator

you removing the tape after clear? what are you doing about the left over hard line?

I remove the tape before the clear is dry so it doesn't leave a hard line.
  • RadicalSideHydroRadicalSideHydro Posts: 588Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    I remove it after clear. I haven't had a problem with a hard line It leaves a pretty clean line at the seam of the bottom of the cup.
  • BigCountryHydroBigCountryHydro Posts: 147Member ✭✭✭
     Nice!
    just wondering how your customers have felt about the hard line and how it has held up, I have done my cups both ways, removing before and removing after and I haven't heard back anything negative from either process. Just curious. I tend to like the way it feels removing the tape before and getting full clear coverage but I also find you run the risk of peeling off paint and print as most of my cups get a candy coat and I do not remove the tape after rinse.
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,443Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    @ltnlover21 So you leave clear over bare stainless along the bottom? Or is the stainless prepped some way?

I mask it off before I blast, then paint, dip, and clear. Then I remove the tape while the clear is still soft, or if the clear is fully cured I run a razor blade along the seam before I remove the tape.
    i've experimented with doing these cups quite a few different ways I had a lot of time to goof around with stuff before I started getting customers at all, yes on some of them I have run the clear down the cup angling away once I reach the bottom stainless lip. It seems to give the stainless this finished look and I haven't had any issues with chipping or peeling, I figure the granular structure of the stainless gives the clear something to grab onto decently enough. I have also done some giving a slight scuff with the grain, but haven't noticed any benefit in doing so.
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,443Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    @ltnlover21 this was just the first area to wear on my cup, just from repeatedly sitting it down on anything available. That's the only reason I choose to leave it bare stainless. Like a bumper.
    I do it the same way as @MidOhioHydrographics  does. I won't paint or clear the bottom part even or they ask.
    @ltnlover21 I would shoot some clear on bare stainless and do a cross hatch test. To me it seems you're setting yourself up for future failure. Better to cover your butt instead of having a bunch of cups come back when the clear starts delaminating off the bottoms. When it's all sealed up and new, there is no issue since it's totally encapsulated. Once there is a ding? I'm guessing it will flake off easily.
    @MidOhioHydrographics I truly appreciate the advice. I have several cups that I have been putting through the paces courtesy of the monsters I call my children at home lol! thus far everything is holding up quite well. ill see about a crosshatch test this weekend.

@RadicalSideHydro bro I still wanna see this awesome jig you've come up with.

@MidOhioHydrographics I truly appreciate the advice. I have several cups that I have been putting through the paces courtesy of the monsters I call my children at home lol! thus far everything is holding up quite well. ill see about a crosshatch test this weekend. .

LOL that's great! Post up your results and let us know how it goes. May save everyone some valuable time!
    @ltnlover21 here is a couple of pics. For some reason I can't load the video.I put this one together the other day.
  • LibertymanLibertyman Posts: 959Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭

@ltnlover21 here is a couple of pics. For some reason I can't load the video.I put this one together the other day.

Is there a bolt that goes all the way through? , are those big rubber stoppers? Where did you get those wheels?

@RadicalSideHydro very very cool bro, like the ingenuity and thought put into solving a problem with unusual odds and ends, the quick disconnects was a good idea. so you also had to design a submerged tray to roll that along yes?