Sublimate

trecenterstrecenters Posts: 15Member
edited August 2016 in Creative Thinking
Hey guys, I wanted to ask if there is a way to sublimate items with hydro films?

Any methods to wrap an item with film and then activate it?

My guess is No, after searching around the web for different ways to decorate things.

I'm only asking because I wanted to do some small round items and I feel like I have to waste a lot of film when I am dipping.

Just checking to see if anyone has ever seen a way. I started to get into sublimation Inks awhile back and I kept hearing mixed results.

Mixed results when people would try to sublimate anything that wasn't a Pre-Coated item from China.

Travis

Comments

• K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,336Administrator El Jefe
    Not that I know of...
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,404Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Never heard of it being done w/ a hydrographic film. I have seen it done w/ actual sublimation equipment. I think they were doing bow limbs, and it looked pretty darn cool.
  • trecenterstrecenters Posts: 15Member
    edited August 2016

Never heard of it being done w/ a hydrographic film. I have seen it done w/ actual sublimation equipment. I think they were doing bow limbs, and it looked pretty darn cool.

@K2Concepts , Thanks :)

@MidOhioHydrographics , Yeah you can do some amazing stuff. What I found out was that everyone buys pre-coated "blanks" in that industry.

There are some people in the states who do their own items, but they keep their media coating recipe secret. Then there are the limitations of what you can sublimate. Nothing that can't be sealed and heated up to 400deg because the ink turns to gas for the sublimation.

I figured it was worth checking to see what all is possible with the hydro film. I didn't see any other types of application in my research, but I figured I would ask the pros. :)

Thanks
    Travis