Opening a Hydrographics Business Step by Step - Page 17 — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Opening a Hydrographics Business Step by Step

1111213141517»

Comments

• MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,079Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Very nice! I would suggest running that line in behind the legs. You’ll be right up against that thing and I think it’ll get in the way.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,944Administrator El Jefe
    What is the Inside dim on that?  4ft or so.  Looks really nice
    ID is actually 33x58 at the plate but 36x60 internal...
    Ok got it dialed in...this thing is RIGHTEOUS...I do believe it all has to do with the piping....you need the volume...

Very nice! I would suggest running that line in behind the legs. You’ll be right up against that thing and I think it’ll get in the way.
    Nope...not in the way at all...
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,079Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Volume is 100% key. We have a 1.5” line running to ours on its own branch directly after the refrigerated dryer.
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,012Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    I am gonna mention a lovely phenomenon that plagues sandblasters in the northern climates... Static. When it gets dry out, static will build up on your body while you work. Eventually it will discharge to the nearest ground source (usually a grounded airline made of copper) and at the height that thing sits at... would be an invigorating experience to say the least.
    ^^^^ 1000%... my guys always complain about it. I've heard running a ground wire from your gun helps discharge it. But we get zapped quite frequently.
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,012Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Ground wire on the gun never helped. Use a wrist ground strap and it will discharge before it builds up too bad. Not going to prevent it... But much less.
    Either that, or insulate (electrically with rubber or a spray on coating) the front of your cabinet. I have seen arcs jump a few inches inside the chamber... It's kind of unsettling
    Yes we are working on that...the main thing was to get the darn thing online first and in a reasonable way so we can upgrade our airlines if we need to...we do not have any production using the cabinet yet but even if we do? I don't think it will be in the numbers like the regular contracts we have now...

I have heard a wrist ground works pretty good...I have access to sheets of rubber insulation called "Rubatex" and we can always attach that to the front of the cabinet...grounding the bolts on the gloves seems like a good idea...

But yea I am working on it...
  • LibertymanLibertyman Posts: 854Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    @K2Concepts jimbo, what did that thing run you? Pretty nice big guy... nice job on the piping too
    @Libertyman It was $1758 plus $310 shipping...I think it was a pretty fair deal...it’s not perfect but I just could not bring myself to fork over $4800 for a BadBoy that was not as big but probably had some more bells and whistles...

For $5000? I was going to build it myself...still think I could have...but for $1750? Nah they can do the hard part...I can just tune it up myself...