Diy rinse tank — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diy rinse tank

mrWRX24mrWRX24 Posts: 8Member
New to the forum so I figured I'd post a picture of my home built rinse tank. Nothing fancy but it works really well. Got a stock tank from tractor supply and added some pvc fittings and shower heads. Tank is 4'x3'x2'  got a pond fountain pump from lowes and hooked her all up. Also used some floresant lighting grid for the rack on the bottom. They are sitting on 4 milk crates that I cut in half to keep it out of the water. Not too shabby

Comments

• MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,402Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Looks like it'll do the job!
  • bdipshydrobdipshydro Posts: 49Member
    Good job. I think i would add another section in the center so i would get the sides..
  • onehitwonderonehitwonder Posts: 2,571Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice!
  • wolfdog0729wolfdog0729 Posts: 203Member ✭✭✭
    I like that a lot.  Easy enough looking that even i might even be able to build one.... Maybe
  • 2flyaway2flyaway Posts: 1Member
    Hey brand new to the site!!  That looks awesome!!!. Do you have water circulating from the pump or does it come in from a separate source? 
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,402Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    2flyaway said:

Hey brand new to the site!!  That looks awesome!!!. Do you have water circulating from the pump or does it come in from a separate source? 

The pump that is mentioned is used to recirculate the water. Most dedicated rinse stations are made this way.
  • pblizpbliz Posts: 72Member
    With re-circulating water being used, how often do you think water would need to be changed?
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 5,429Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    When it stinks too much too turn on... Your results may vary.
    Thanks WileCoyote, I like your setup mrWRX24.
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 5,429Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    edited April 20
    @pbliz Format the names of people like this and it will alert them that you are talking to them

@mrWRX24
    edited April 21
    @mrWRX24 I am pretty much going to replicate your tank as its a nice size for my location and I think it looks great. Curious where did you get the light grating from? Nevermind found it (at home depot they call it plaskolite). Do you have any type of water dampener sitting in the bottom of your tank?
  • yawtsae441yawtsae441 Posts: 54Member, Business Ninja ✭✭
    @pbliz , you may want to check out the k-balls from US Plactics. They allow you to use a larger pipe and deliver significantly more heads and water pressure .
  • SNS_industriesSNS_industries Posts: 1Member
    Awesome job, what are your feelings on warm water delivery? I used a small farm heater in mine and can tell a huge difference. Let me know and again awesome job!
    Warm water rinse fades your color on your prints. Nicer to hold your hands in, but bad for the process.
  • NotSoFastNotSoFast Posts: 3,023Member, Moderator El Moderator

Awesome job, what are your feelings on warm water delivery? I used a small farm heater in mine and can tell a huge difference. Let me know and again awesome job!

Warm water rinses faster, but keep it cooler than your dip water. Too warm and, like @WileECoyote mentioned, it can fade the dip.