My rinse tank build so far... — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My rinse tank build so far...

TylerByers18TylerByers18 Posts: 877Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
edited March 2014 in DIY Rinse Stations
Going to have my one pipe split into two and have 4 shower heads on both sides and have them come down and cap them off. It's a 6ft tank
Post edited by TylerByers18 on

Comments

• Sac_HydroSac_Hydro Posts: 1,050Member ✭✭✭✭
    Looks interesting..
  • TylerByers18TylerByers18 Posts: 877Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    That doesn't sound good haha
    Sac_Hydro said:

Looks interesting..

• Sac_HydroSac_Hydro Posts: 1,050Member ✭✭✭✭
    No... actually it looks like it will be pretty damn cool! Looks like you are doing a very clean job!
    Thanks man its not pro status rinse station but it should do the job. :)
  • GCIGCI Posts: 1,317Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
    Im sure you already know but might want a filter to keep trash from clogging up you shower heads. On our rinse tank we used a sup pump and it was sucking up trash and clogging up our heads so we got some screen and put around the whole pump and now no more clogs. Just a suggestion thing looks awesome.
    I could put one around the suction pipe maybe a mesh one or something. Thanks 4 the input! :o
    GCI said:

Im sure you already know but might want a filter to keep trash from clogging up you shower heads. On our rinse tank we used a sup pump and it was sucking up trash and clogging up our heads so we got some screen and put around the whole pump and now no more clogs. Just a suggestion thing looks awesome.

Here's what I got done tonight, just gotta connect the top pieces for some more support and then done. Do you think the sprayers are up to high? Put in a faucet to drain basically shut off sprayers and open faucet and drain with a water hose where ever i want.
  • TsunamiTsunami Posts: 4,951Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might try a Jacuzzi spa retailer. Some have filters that would help. Check and see if they have used ones in the back. I just got a pump for my tank for fifty bucks. It doesn't hurt to ask.
    I could probably use the same cut to size filter material used for the tank and zip tie it to the pvc and would work great. Will still check out retailer tho thanks tsunami!
    Tsunami said:

You might try a Jacuzzi spa retailer. Some have filters that would help. Check and see if they have used ones in the back. I just got a pump for my tank for fifty bucks. It doesn't hurt to ask.

• HardeightHardeight Posts: 584Member ✭✭✭
    You're going to have a wet floor. I do, and I have something similar.
    You might consider lowering your surface into the tank some.
    Also, I put my adjustment valve on the end of my pipe, instead of in front of the nozzles. When you put a shutoff between the pump and the nozzles you are creating back pressure on your pump which makes its job harder which in turn could shorten it's life.
    I have the end of my pipe open back up into the bottom of the tank, so if I open my gate valve all of the water goes back in the tank, with little pressure to flow through the nozzles. I still have pressure adjustment in my jets without putting too much unnecessary strain on the pump.
    Granted I can't cut the nozzles off completely, but I couldn't think of a situation where I would want the pump running and the nozzles off. You have that drain you put in there so you have a use for it, I just recommend adding one at the end.
    My $0.02

Other than that, looks good, keep going!
    the valve is to adjust flow from the shower heads so if I want the water to come out with a little less pressure I can adjust the flow, and I have the option to shut it off and get all the old water out and then refill with new water. it serves 2 purposes but the pump was like 70 bucks should last for the moneys worth. Thanks for the input im thinking about adding some kind of plastic to keep the water in some we will see. Thanks for the $.02 tho appreciate it! :)
    Hardeight said:

You're going to have a wet floor. I do, and I have something similar.
    You might consider lowering your surface into the tank some.
    Also, I put my adjustment valve on the end of my pipe, instead of in front of the nozzles. When you put a shutoff between the pump and the nozzles you are creating back pressure on your pump which makes its job harder which in turn could shorten it's life.
    I have the end of my pipe open back up into the bottom of the tank, so if I open my gate valve all of the water goes back in the tank, with little pressure to flow through the nozzles. I still have pressure adjustment in my jets without putting too much unnecessary strain on the pump.
    Granted I can't cut the nozzles off completely, but I couldn't think of a situation where I would want the pump running and the nozzles off. You have that drain you put in there so you have a use for it, I just recommend adding one at the end.
    My $0.02

Other than that, looks good, keep going!

• MasterjqxMasterjqx Posts: 990Member ✭✭✭
    Run a shower curtain down both sides..... may look like a outdoor shower but it will keep the water inside :)
    was thinking something along those lines, should be bad **badword** when its done wont have to sit with a garden hose for like 10 min, such a pta! thanks 4 the input!
    Masterjqx said:

Run a shower curtain down both sides..... may look like a outdoor shower but it will keep the water inside :)