Film keeps over activating

Nate97Nate97 Posts: 93Member ✭✭
I have a film that keeps over activating tried switching tips back to 1.4, single pass, quicker pass, I adjusted the material flow. It seems no matter what I'm doing it's over activating...any suggestions? Using K2 Superbrew, 89-90 degrees in tank & black wood grain film (not sure of manufacturer)

Comments

• WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,472Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    First, I suggest pics to make sure that is you issue.

Faster passes, less passes, hold the gun farther away, adjust material flow lower, adjust air pressure higher, smaller tip... thats pretty much all there is... I honestly have never heard someone say that they can't turn their flow down enough, I can get it to evaporate before it hits the water... You have something else going on there.
  • Nate97Nate97 Posts: 93Member ✭✭
    Yeah I was going to keep adjusting the material flow needle until I see under activation. All I can think of. 
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,443Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Black wood grain? Over-activation of wood grain is uncommon.... Let's see some pics.
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,443Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    PS- I deleted the other discussion. Only need to post the question one time, please.
    No problem, I realized I posted in the wrong area
  • NotSoFastNotSoFast Posts: 3,276Member, Moderator El Moderator
    What paint?
    It was faulty pressure gauge. I got a great hit today. 
  • studebakerstudebaker Posts: 3,038Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nate97 I REALLY appreciate your posting on how you rectified the problem. That helps everyone!
    @studebaker No problem man, that's what this forum is for and all about!! The details were the gauge was showing more than double the pressure that was actually happening. As soon as I used my whip that I use when painting the activator was actually being atomized and not just being dumped on my film.