buying a new booth — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

buying a new booth

SreynoldsSreynolds Posts: 1,336Member ✭✭✭✭
Last night I came home from coaching my t-ball team and met my partner (stepdad) at the shop. I have been working on getting a booth set up in the shop, but with the work coming in its moving kind of slow. Soooo... He says , out of the blue, '' Ive been looking around on the net, im just gonna buy a new booth''.

My question for u guys is , do u have any advice on where or who to buy from?

Comments

• MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,205Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    I have an open faced booth from Global Finishing Systems. Does very well. If you're doing any sort of gloss finishes, you can get a better finish with filtered doors. You can spend anywhere from $3000 to $30,000 on a booth easily.

One thing to remember, if you're in a climate that deals w/ cold temps, I recommend looking into an air makeup unit as well. Our booth is 7ft tall, 10ft wide, 6ft working depth (not really huge) and it still pull 8750cfm. That same 8750cfm has to come into the building from somewhere. And if it's below zero here in Ohio? That incoming air will take the shop temp down quickly, which is no good for painting.
  • SreynoldsSreynolds Posts: 1,336Member ✭✭✭✭
    The size u have is about what im looking for @MidOhioHydrographics . And in Alabama , I have no idea what the weather will do from day to day and neither does the weather man! we are lookin in the 2k to 4k range
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,205Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Definitely look into used equipment. If you're not in a huge hurry, you can find some really good deals.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,066Administrator El Jefe
    My 16 x 10 x 8 works pretty darn good...filtered doors and it was $4995 from SprayZone.net
    I found a 8x8x7'8'' for 2400 . looks like they go together pretty easy
  • NotSoFastNotSoFast Posts: 3,189Member, Moderator El Moderator
    Sreynolds said:

I found a 8x8x7'8'' for 2400 . looks like they go together pretty easy

Our booth is 8x8x8 and it's TINY on the inside. I mean no room for a parts rack or any larger parts. Hell, Even one wheel on a small table in the middle basically has my back against the wall.
    I figured that might be an issue @NotSoFast
    Yeah if ours had doors on it? It would be too small. But for our production it works great. We can have 2 guys in it spraying.
  • RadicalSideHydroRadicalSideHydro Posts: 588Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    @Sreynolds check out merchant 1 manufacturing there made in America I just got a 13 x13 with some duct work and upgraded my motor to single phase and got it delivers for 5200. The plans tat come with it are very easy to understand. 
    cool @RadicalSideHydro , I think I remember u posting some pics !!
    I cut 3 ft off the front of it to fit my needs. And don't mind the 3ft duct extension I had to make that to clear the metal beam and rushed it.lol the tube axial fan and motor are made by Dayton it's a nice unit. The motor is a 2hp. I really like the side door so you can go in and out without introducing trash into the booth.
    yeah that's it, bad A@#!!!! we will be buying one very soon.
    They have about a two week build time.