any way to strip soft touch?

kylegabbertkylegabbert Posts: 269Member ✭✭✭
Is there anyway to strip the soft touch and respray it without having to completely redip? I did not shake it, and sprayed it too thick in a few areas on my stock, so it came out glossy, and I am also able to scratch it off in the areas where it is too thick. Can I scuff it up and spray some gloss clear or dead flat over it? Or will it not stick? Thank you @K2Concepts @Dinnetta_gobigbrain

Comments

• airtimegrafixairtimegrafix Posts: 2,144Member ✭✭✭✭
    honestly I would redo it! you have adhesion issues if you can scratch it off! and just putting more on wont solve the problem,
  • kylegabbertkylegabbert Posts: 269Member ✭✭✭
    Well it is only peelable in the area where it was sprayed wayyy to thick, which is just at the end of the stock, where the butt pad goes, every other area is fine! But I may redo it soon in a different pattern
    Is it for yourself? If so then just do it! But for a paying customer I woukdnt 
  • kylegabbertkylegabbert Posts: 269Member ✭✭✭
    yes it is for myself! @airtimegrafix
    Then go for it! If it works then u know it will next time!!
  • wynnesccwynnescc Posts: 8Member
    yeah blast it off and redo
  • bdipshydrobdipshydro Posts: 49Member
    I had an issue with mine when it fell of my drying rack.... i ended up sanding it completely back down and starting over.
    I have done a sample on a speed shape and it seems to be holding fine. ( i sprayed soft touch on a speed shape, let it dry for a couple days and lightly sanded it and sprayed another coat over the top and it dont seem to look like its peeling or anything, I've also tried to bend the speed shape to see if anything would change and it looks fine)..