Prym1 print from Liquid print

4corners4corners Posts: 96Member ✭✭
anyone has a chance to dip any of the new Prym1 prints from Liquid Print.  They sent me a meter of the new sandstone to play with but I haven't had time to mess with it

Comments

• MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,445Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Actually? Yes. They contacted me about my production work to see if we would like to use their Camo. Nice people. The film likes activator, but dips very nice. We are running some aftermarket grips first to see how it sells.

• 4corners4corners Posts: 96Member ✭✭
    AWSOME!!!  Looks good on those grips.  I'm going to run a few parts next week with it to see how it does for me.  Thanks for the info! 
  • Archer0545Archer0545 Posts: 806Member ✭✭✭
    Nice looking stuff!
    @MidOhioHydrographics.   Hate to bother you but what activator are you using with this stuff tried a few test dips last night with Superbrew and it seemed to hate it.  It sure seems to like lots of activator!   

• MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,445Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    @4corners Yes, It likes a LOT of activator. One of the heaviest we use. And we are using straight Hydrovator. This won't mean much to you, but normally our automated system runs about 40-50 speed, 2 passes. This one takes 30 speed w two passes. We just finally got around to getting the grips done and up on the website. The pattern looks great when it dips right. It's much like Kryptek, or Multicam where any little error shows through.
    Ya I like what I was seeing it just didn't stick well it was way under activated.   I'll add another pass then pay more attention to my film before I dip.  Heck may need 2 more passes.  If I can master Kryptec.  I can master this stuff. Lol 
  • preedpreed Posts: 393Member ✭✭✭✭
    Wow... contrary to what I'm experiencing... very little activator, fast passes. My normal is way too much. Just burned up a few meters trying to do it. Hate it! And its butt **badword** ugly!
    preed said:

Wow... contrary to what I'm experiencing... very little activator, fast passes. My normal is way too much. Just burned up a few meters trying to do it. Hate it! And its butt **badword** ugly!

We haven’t used it since... zero requests for it and sales were minimal on the items we used it on.
  • preedpreed Posts: 393Member ✭✭✭✭
    They called me awhile back. Apparently looking through my Facebook page wondering why I dont post pics of prym...  I said I've never used it, nobody has ever asked for it. Till now... trying to use their typhon blueish/green one. I think I figured it out. I'll be trying the 5th time tomorrow. I was trying to get ahold of you cause I thought you'd used it. Then I found this thread. Exact opposite of what I've been finding out. I almost nailed it today. Its fugly. I'm worried I'm finally gonna get it and the customer says "damn, that's ugly!" I've lost my **badword** on that job already so its inevitable.
    Haha!