Recirculate or rinse to waste? — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recirculate or rinse to waste?

If I'm only doing a few parts here and there, is it even economical to build a recirculating rinse tank, or should I just rinse to waste? How long do you have to rinse parts to get the slime off?

Comments

• K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,460Administrator El Jefe
    Doesn't take long...5 minutes or so...there is no set time as it depends on the temperature of your rinse water...the warmer it is? The faster the PVA will rinse off...but do not let the water get warmer than your dipping tank or you will burn the print or the paint...it will end up looking chalky...
  • CamogunworksCamogunworks Posts: 45Member
    How long should you wait before rinsing. I have seen some of your videos rinse directly. Some times I have issues with fisheyes if I rinse immediately. I hear about tattooing the base paint. What is that.
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,703Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    @Camogunworks You have something else going on if you're getting fisheyes. That's not caused by rinsing immediately. With paints you may want to wait a bit before rinse, but any paint designed for this process you can go straight from dip to rinse without issue.

And I have no idea what "tattooing" the base paint means. Never heard of it.
  • PetePete Posts: 6Member
    Fisheyes are just small grease marks,clean things properly and wash your hands,they can be quite oily.
  • LaraLara Posts: 54Member
    Question, I have a recirculate rinse tank and sometimes it sits for a few days in between heavy work loads. These little bacteria looking things gather at the bottom of my rinse tank and make it look like I need to change the water every time I use the station. Any recommendations on what I can put in the rinse tank to keep the bacteria things out? BTW, these things appear long before the smell is even close to making me want to change the water. Heeeellllpppp.....maybe?
  • NotSoFastNotSoFast Posts: 3,138Member, Moderator El Moderator
    A small amount of bleach should help. I use it in my dip tank. I don't have a rinse tank.
  • DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,143Member ✭✭✭✭
    I've heard the chlorine tabs help with cleaning as well
  • smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,184Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
    Being that my tanks (dip and rinse) sometimes sit for days without being turned on, I've found that cup of bleach in both does wonders.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,460Administrator El Jefe
    Lara said:

Question, I have a recirculate rinse tank and sometimes it sits for a few days in between heavy work loads. These little bacteria looking things gather at the bottom of my rinse tank and make it look like I need to change the water every time I use the station. Any recommendations on what I can put in the rinse tank to keep the bacteria things out? BTW, these things appear long before the smell is even close to making me want to change the water. Heeeellllpppp.....maybe?

Get over it...