Paint booth framed in... — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Paint booth framed in...

ForsiForsi Posts: 113Member ✭✭✭
Shop is coming together; got the paint booth framed in...one step closer!

Comments

• K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 11,484Administrator El Jefe
    The madness begins...lol...
  • RDSHydroRDSHydro Posts: 1,672Member ✭✭✭✭
    Looking good!
  • ForsiForsi Posts: 113Member ✭✭✭
    Indeed it does...the calm before the storm. Tank arrives later this week and then it will be full on madness without a doubt @K2Concepts haha
  • GCIGCI Posts: 1,317Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
    Looking good.
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 4,968Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Not sure where the exhaust is going, but consider putting your door near it. When you walk out the door after having just painted, you won't draw unfiltered air over your part. The taller the booth, the more you have to worry about carrying dirt. Keep it short but not cramped. This isn't load bearing walls, so spacing of studs aren't subject to inspection. Give yourself enough space to mount your florescent lights between the studs, and have space to work on them, or feed electrical. Keep as much of your electrical out of the booth as you can, just in-case. Including the switch for the lights, and mount some glass or plexiglass on the walls for the lights to shine through instead of mounting them inside to get dirty. Use "washdown" paneling inside, has a nice gloss, smooth finish for light to bounce off, but can be wiped clean of overspray if dry. Consider coating the floor, concrete sheds dust, and usually people wet it to keep it down which can rot your wall panels eventually (I see you are using treated on the floor). If I think of any other suggestions, I will post them here, if you have any questions just let me know.

Not sure where the exhaust is going, but consider putting your door near it. When you walk out the door after having just painted, you won't draw unfiltered air over your part. The taller the booth, the more you have to worry about carrying dirt. Keep it short but not cramped. This isn't load bearing walls, so spacing of studs aren't subject to inspection. Give yourself enough space to mount your florescent lights between the studs, and have space to work on them, or feed electrical. Keep as much of your electrical out of the booth as you can, just in-case. Including the switch for the lights, and mount some glass or plexiglass on the walls for the lights to shine through instead of mounting them inside to get dirty. Use "washdown" paneling inside, has a nice gloss, smooth finish for light to bounce off, but can be wiped clean of overspray if dry. Consider coating the floor, concrete sheds dust, and usually people wet it to keep it down which can rot your wall panels eventually (I see you are using treated on the floor). If I think of any other suggestions, I will post them here, if you have any questions just let me know.

Thank you so much for the feedback @WileECoyote . We will actually run our exhaust near the door and out the top and out the building (installing exhaust vent in building wall. Electric will be run on the outside of the walls and we are going to paint the floor area inside the booth to minimize dust, just as you said. Certainly appreciate the in-depth feedback. Appreciate ya!
  • Gotcha_coveredGotcha_covered Posts: 462Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    I will be using those suggestions when i build mine @Forsi keep the update pics coming plz
  • Itchin2DipItchin2Dip Posts: 225Member ✭✭✭
    I'm doing the same now!!

• PanamaCityHydroPanamaCityHydro Posts: 497Member ✭✭✭
    nice bro!
  • corey1616corey1616 Posts: 70Member
    edited January 25
    @Forsi any updated pics?
  • Itchin2DipItchin2Dip Posts: 225Member ✭✭✭
    @corey1616 where are you located?
    @corey1616 sorry I am just getting around to posting a pic of the completed booth. Obviously it has already seen a lot of use, but everything is working well. Hope you are doing good!

I like it! @Forsi i have mine framed in should be done next week will post pic when done...
    Good deal @corey1616 ; hope yours turns out well!