Possible temp paint booth? — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Possible temp paint booth?

TylerByers18TylerByers18 Posts: 877Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
http://www.harborfreight.com/6-ft-x-8-ft-greenhouse-47712.html this green house on sale, can fit in garage and has a door! Was wondering if this would work? Could put one fan on roof where air vent is and would be exhaust? seems like a good solution. What do you guys think?

Comments

• kansashydrokansashydro Posts: 840Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would work for a starter booth. Remember the air you take out must come in from somewhere. Put some filters in the other end of the booth. It's all about the cfm.
  • CoastalHydrographicsCoastalHydrographics Posts: 3,047Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey i like that @tylerbyers18 great find. :-bd
  • RDSHydroRDSHydro Posts: 1,672Member ✭✭✭✭
    Great enginuity...
  • TylerByers18TylerByers18 Posts: 877Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭

That would work for a starter booth. Remember the air you take out must come in from somewhere. Put some filters in the other end of the booth. It's all about the cfm.

• Audiofreak19Audiofreak19 Posts: 280Member ✭✭
    Yea I looked into doing this and was about to but the thing that stopped me wa that it's still kinda of small. It might be ok if your doing small pieces and kind of tight to move around in cause I'm 6ft and my head would be hitting on the roof of it. Also for less than 300 bucks I could build a 8ft wide by 7 ft high by 12ft long booth with PVC and the thick plastic sheeting which would include a fan and filters and have a door on both ends.
  • TylerByers18TylerByers18 Posts: 877Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    Yea my main thing was a door and something I could fit in my garage
  • izzyrosaizzyrosa Posts: 17Member
    just my two cents, but they have a lot of nice videos for diy paint booths on youtube, I personally built the one that bigbandit007 did, but there is many more like the $100 one that is a little more intricate but is interesting pvc & plastic is limitless with a little imagination