Problems with a supplier (Hydrodip store)

Archer0545Archer0545 Posts: 806Member ✭✭✭
First off I try and buy my supplies off of the forum sponsors as much as possible. That said I had a customer ask for a film off of a site called the Hydrodip store. I looked them up and they had a pretty good supply of films and tanks and other accessories. So I ordered the film, small order about 85 bucks with shipping. I paypal'd the money and waited for a tracking number. Never got it. Waited a week and never received anything. I opened up my order and it said processing. So, I called their number and got a VM box that was full. Bottom line is I was never able to reach anyone by phone or email. It was not that much money but it all counts so I just wanted to warn anyone to think twice before ordering anything from them.
I am confident I'll get my money back through Paypal but it will take a month or so. I ordered something similar from Brent at Kansas Hydrographics and explained the situation to my customer.

Comments

• MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,445Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    I would venture a guess that if you find a film on there? Someone else has it, even if it isn't on their website. Pretty sure Brent has a few hundred back that he hasn't released yet.
  • Archer0545Archer0545 Posts: 806Member ✭✭✭
    Yeah, that's why I went to him afterward. I explained to the customer who is my step brothers wife that I had 3 suppliers I ordered from and gave them the websites to check their galleries and she still came up with this pattern which was a little different. I really didn't think much of it at the time. From now though I'll definitely stick to my guns on who I purchase from.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,380Administrator El Jefe
    I hate hearing stories like this...
  • TsunamiTsunami Posts: 4,952Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, you have probably saved someone else money, and time and frustration.
  • Archer0545Archer0545 Posts: 806Member ✭✭✭
    Tsunami said:

Thanks, you have probably saved someone else money, and time and frustration.

I hope so. Glad I wasn't ordering a tank!
  • kasdorfkasdorf Posts: 50Member ✭✭
    Do I have a story for you guys, I purchased a 8' stainless tank from them for my employer.
    I am at work now so I will give you the rest of the story later but for now let's just say it was a three month ordeal after we got the tank and I had to rebuild and redesign the tank, plumbing, welding ect.
    Kicking my self in the **badword** for not buying one from K2.
    I was undecided about bring it up here till I seen this post, I always here in the back of my head "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all " but I don't want any one else to get what we did.
    I will get in to it more later.

Uh oh...
  • bmxprojectbmxproject Posts: 279Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    What if the issue happened with a forum sponsor? They supplied little communication? And failed to fix the issue?
  • smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,901Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭

What if the issue happened with a forum sponsor? They supplied little communication? And failed to fix the issue?

They are forum sponsors cause they are the "best of the best".. tried and true companies.
    I believe @HGArts is a sponsor here, right?
    Yes he is...but if it is a problem with activator? More than likely it is a user error...
    No its a leaky package he did not resend like he said he would
    edited April 2017
    And that one message was the last i heard from @HGArts

Post edited by bmxproject on
    So you got a replacement?...
    Nope
    edited March 2017
    No i bought from a different seller. And @HGArts ain't sent nothing or replied since that one message you see. @K2Concepts
    Post edited by bmxproject on
    edited April 2017
    idk maybe they just had a bad month. Or training a new person. 5 out of 6 negative reviews for them  have all came from this month (march) still doesnt change thr fact that i paid their price for a product and it hasnt been reconciled. Ill take a 3/4 of a quart. Im not trying to get more than what the deal was for but im not trying to get bent over either. After they sent the message that it would be replaced, i dumped what was left in a jug i already had and threw it away. After a week or two of waiting i contacted ebay again. Now they want me to return the item for a refund. Thats after @HGArts said they had no problem replacing it. So now im just out and out money and product. 

Hmmm...well let me email them and see if I can help...
    Hmmm...well let me email them and see if I can help...

Thank you. I would appreciate that
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,481Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Was that activator sent through USPS?
    Was that activator sent through USPS?

@WileECoyote

• WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,481Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Interesting...
  • onehitwonderonehitwonder Posts: 2,746Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope it was marked as hazardous- that stuff's extremely flammable
    As we sold our paint (which was waterbased so it could be listed as non hazardous) we saw alot of guys shipping stuff that was solvent based (should have been hazardous) through USPS. The reason it isn't, is because it is WAY more expensive to ship if it is labeled correctly. I am not here to call anyone out, but keep this in mind when you order supplies. Your material flow may dry up REAL quick when one of those leaking packages gets the sniff test... As with the ATF, the USPS does NOT have a sense of humor about that. Good luck shipping anything once you get busted with that. (As a side note, I know OHW follows the rules when it comes to this)
    edited April 2017
    I hope it was marked as hazardous- that stuff's extremely flammable
    No. And the first quart i bought from them came only in bubble wrap. Other wise no problem. 
    Does anyone here sell hydrovator in quarts? I could only find gallons from jim. And i bought one on ebay. It showed up the other day with a cracked seal and electrical tape around the cap. It was full, but compared to the smell of HG Arts, it was like water. HG Arts its the only activator ive used so far. I think this hydrovator  (based on smel) will b alot lighter. Hg arts would smell if it was smuggled with a ton of fish.
    As we sold our paint (which was waterbased so it could be listed as non hazardous) we saw alot of guys shipping stuff that was solvent based (should have been hazardous) through USPS. The reason it isn't, is because it is WAY more expensive to ship if it is labeled correctly. I am not here to call anyone out, but keep this in mind when you order supplies. Your material flow may dry up REAL quick when one of those leaking packages gets the sniff test... As with the ATF, the USPS does NOT have a sense of humor about that. Good luck shipping anything once you get busted with that. (As a side note, I know OHW follows the rules when it comes to this)
    I dont wanr to get anyone in trouble. I just want my activator or my money. The time alone ive spent arguing with ebay is worth more than the money im trying to get back.
    Well so far he has not written me back...I hope we do not have to drop him as a sponsor...
    @bmxproject Well I am sorry I could not get any response from HG Arts...but I have deleted him as a sponsor of the forum so if it's any consolation?...
    ...And this is why you stick with sponsors of the forum kids. There is at least some accountability for them.