Over ohw 2k clear

ImmortalImmortal Posts: 261Member ✭✭✭
just in case anyone was wondering, I sprayed cerakote mc-161 over top of ohw 2k clear coat without any problems.  It flattened out nicely also. 

Comments

• ImmortalImmortal Posts: 261Member ✭✭✭
    After dropping the $ on the iwata gun and cerakote I was really hoping it was worth it and so far on the first batch of stocks it worked great went on nice and smooth and flattened right out. 
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,404Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Awesome. Great to know!
  • onehitwonderonehitwonder Posts: 2,740Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great to know - thanks!
  • airtimegrafixairtimegrafix Posts: 2,144Member ✭✭✭✭
    Nice
  • NaffGuttsNaffGutts Posts: 217Member ✭✭✭
    Just curious, do you retain complete cera durability when applied over clear? Got some DC coming in to do my own handgun, plan on blasting, degrease, dry, then paint, cure then paint cure. Might even do some stippling.
  • PREGraphicsPREGraphics Posts: 66Member ✭✭
    NaffGutts said:
    Just curious, do you retain complete cera durability when applied over clear? Got some DC coming in to do my own handgun, plan on blasting, degrease, dry, then paint, cure then paint cure. Might even do some stippling.
    You degrease before the blasting, or you just end up spreading it around and getting dirty blast media. Degrease, blast, gas out, if no oil retention your ready to spray. If there is degrease again and gas out again. Proper prep and order is essential with DC or Cera. 
  • PREGraphicsPREGraphics Posts: 66Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Immortal said:
    just in case anyone was wondering, I sprayed cerakote mc-161 over top of ohw 2k clear coat without any problems.  It flattened out nicely also. 
    Ever since I first saw this post I have been wondering why you would want to use OHW under cerakote clear. I use both products for different applications but just wondering what situation would present itself to use MC160 or MC 161 over OHW 2k. The Cerakote clear will apply directy to hydro graphics, and the OHW 2k is tough as nails so just wondering ?
  • ImmortalImmortal Posts: 261Member ✭✭✭

Immortal said:

Ever since I first saw this post I have been wondering why you would want to use OHW under cerakote clear. I use both products for different applications but just wondering what situation would present itself to use MC160 or MC 161 over OHW 2k. The Cerakote clear will apply directy to hydro graphics, and the OHW 2k is tough as nails so just wondering ?

The OHW didn't flatten out like I had hoped, I am sure I didn't mix it enough or something so I wet sanded it with 800 and sprayed the MC161 over it. Not ideal situation but I didn't really want to blast it and start over, it wasn't done intentionally.

• respectrespect Posts: 1Member
    Immortal said:
    If you have worked with mc160 and the k2. Which did you prefer for guns and a rims and why