High temp Enamels.

TsunamiTsunami Posts: 4,952Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
I have been playing with the dreaded High temp paints and have got some consistency. The problem it with the high temp clear. it's a 1K aerosol and it just does not lay down because of the fast drying properties maybe. Anybody with any answers for this. Or do I just cut and buff and be done with it?

Comments

• 3monkeyshydrodip3monkeyshydrodip Posts: 839Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
    @Tsunami sorry no help on this one but curious to see and learn from others answers. We have done header pipes, engine blocks, race car parts in the past but never cleared them because of the heat. We tell the custom this when they order the job.  
  • TsunamiTsunami Posts: 4,952Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tsunami sorry no help on this one but curious to see and learn from others answers. We have done header pipes, engine blocks, race car parts in the past but never cleared them because of the heat. We tell the custom this when they order the job.  

So you are already using the enamels for base coat?
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,407Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    @Tsunami humidity is you friend. You would think there would be plenty in the air way up there in Washington, but put a humidifier in the booth and use distilled water inside it. It will slow down the flash.
  • TsunamiTsunami Posts: 4,952Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tsunami humidity is you friend. You would think there would be plenty in the air way up there in Washington, but put a humidifier in the booth and use distilled water inside it. It will slow down the flash.

Any idea of what percentage we are needing. I am usually at 50 %