A waterborne cleaner that works.

TsunamiTsunami Posts: 4,952Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
Maybe you guys have found something that cleans waterborne paints already. But as for us , we just found one that we highly recommend.

Comments

• MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,404Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    We use window cleaner for our airbrushes. Even in the ultrasonic cleaner we use for them. Hot water for the Aqualac in our paint guns, and then thinner if it's dried on.
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,404Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    What did you find!
  • TsunamiTsunami Posts: 4,952Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    The video is not up. Let me try this again.
    edited February 2016
    Yeah that's impressive. Great find. I wonder how it would do in an ultrasonic cleaner... I've also been considering a dual bay Herkules gun washer (Half for solvent and other half for waterborne) but haven't been able to pull the trigger yet. They're quite pricey.

And watch taking that tip off with the needle still in! :confounded: : I've been told to at least pull the trigger so the needle backs out while you're unscrewing tip. Can damage the needle tip if you're not careful. Or so I've been told.
  • wicked_dipzwicked_dipz Posts: 564Member ✭✭✭
    @MidOhioHydrographics I have a gun washer that would work for what you need. I never really used it bought it off craigslist. Only thing you would need is the dual container. It originally used one but was missing when I purchased it. I believe new it was like a 7k unit Id take $400 for it if you were interested.
    @wicked_dipz absolutely. Can you email
    Me some more pics and info at [email protected] please??
  • wicked_dipzwicked_dipz Posts: 564Member ✭✭✭
    Yes. May be a day or two but I will
    No rush! Thanks
    Hey guys the product for the spray gun cleaner is the same you just change the formula from 10 to 1 for manual to 4 to 1 for pump system.
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,400Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    @Tsunami That is a great find. We are going to look into that stuff. We pour alot of paint and it sticks to everything...

@MidOhioHydrographics It looks to me like Dave DID pull the trigger before he cracked the fluid tip loose. The needle seats against that. The air cap can be removed without concern. But it feels like I am watching a magician trying to catch where the card goes... So I am gonna assume he did...
  • adonis1adonis1 Posts: 186Member ✭✭✭
    We use window cleaner for our airbrushes. Even in the ultrasonic cleaner we use for them. Hot water for the Aqualac in our paint guns, and then thinner if it's dried on.
    Lol, that's what we use and denatured alcohol.
    I have used them all from window cleaner to warm water, denatured ans so on. Nothing comes close to the ease of this product. Now watch me pull a rabbit out of this hat. LOL
    Where did you buy it @Tsunami ?? The Rain I mean.
    Yeah yeah... :hushed:
    edited April 2016
     They will send you a quart for free to try out. A quart makes 2.5 gallons. Tell them you saw them at SEMA Then they can give you a distributor in your area. Good luck.Hey joe Here is a link, http://www.cumberlandproductsinc.com/
    And here is a link for all of you others.
    http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad179/thethinkingblue/KnuckleDragger.gif
    Post edited by Tsunami on
  • SingleAction52SingleAction52 Posts: 703Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
  • PTC_HydroGraphXPTC_HydroGraphX Posts: 1,107Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016

Hey you guys know me and safety, if your not sure of what you're dealing with please don't mess with it. Chemicals are dangerous things. Make sure you wear proper PPE and I've included the SDS sheets for 'Agua'
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,340Administrator El Jefe
    @PTC_HydroGraphX That's GENIUS!...I am printing that out so I can have it on hand when the safety inspector comes around...you can never be too safe...

Might even include it in my training manuals...
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,400Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    @PTC_HydroGraphX We used distilled water in our process that we purchased in gallons. The recommended PPE was safety glasses according to the SDS... No Lie.
    Yeah... you really, I mean really need to be careful with Dihydrogen Monoxide that is dangerous stuff man!

@PTC_HydroGraphX We used distilled water in our process that we purchased in gallons. The recommended PPE was safety glasses according to the SDS... No Lie.

I also like how they recommend rinsing your eyes out with water when water gets in your eyes...

Or how the containers are now hazardous materials and should be disposed of properly...

I don't even like having that stuff around my shop...God knows what it would do if a fire broke out???...
  • OverCoatsOverCoats Posts: 350Member ✭✭✭
    I called and spoke with a Terry at Cumberland Products right after you posted this @Tsunami and as soon as I told him I wasn't a high end consumer he brushed me off and never heard from him again. seems like a great product but they are head hunting
    You should use "Aqua" instead...they market to everyone on the planet...and it works great for water based paint...not sure why...
  • OverCoatsOverCoats Posts: 350Member ✭✭✭
    you know, now that I think about it "Aqua" has a magical cleaning ability for water based paint B) think i'll stick with that
    You know the swordsman has many profiles. I have found that it is easier to catch bee's with honey than vinegar.Never had an issue with these guys. They where very respectful. I am not a big shot and they gave me total respect.
    Actually reminds me of my wedding! My wife and I flew to St. Lucia, took my parents, her parents, and got married on the beach. Low stress, and beautiful! I would recommend it to anyone getting married!