Thinking about doing a group buy for tumblers — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking about doing a group buy for tumblers

I'm considering doing a deal on 500 tumblers in each size 30oz and 20oz. I wont be at Brand R pricing but I'm thinking $25/20oz and $33/30oz plus shipping. Rough numbers work out to about $1 per cup for shipping in cases.

Let me know your thoughts.

Comments

• K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,066Administrator El Jefe
    I think that's a pretty good dealio...
  • adonis1adonis1 Posts: 186Member ✭✭✭
    That's what we do while waiting on other projects to dry, cure, or whatever. We bought 60 a month ago and are now down to 5 left. Lol. But don't get the yeti, RTIC is the same with a different name and for $20 a cup if bought in singles, or I think $12 If you buy 60. But this will boost your profits and save your customers money. Therefore they will return. Mine always do brother, good luck and I hope this helps.
  • Gotcha_coveredGotcha_covered Posts: 471Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    @adonis1 I think you have to buy 35 to 39 cases to get the price do to $12.50 per cup and there is 30 cups to a case
    RTIC.com check out bulk pricing
    RTIC, we have a buddy that works there in  cypress Texas, I'm grabbing them a lot cheaper. Employee discount,,,,,,we just got 20 cases in at 12-13 a cup. And I got the good slide close lids for no extra cost. That's a hook up....
    that is a very good hookup. I could use a hookup like that
    that is a very good hookup. I could use a hookup like that
    It seems I win some and lose some, lol Yes it's a killer deal and might not last forever, 
    Get'em while you can @adonis1
  • RadicalSideHydroRadicalSideHydro Posts: 588Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    Anyone got any samples from alibaba. I have a 30 Oz tumbler sample coming. 
  • ARQHYDROARQHYDRO Posts: 39Member
  • BEMOTORSPORTSBEMOTORSPORTS Posts: 178Member ✭✭
    thats a good deal 
  • pblizpbliz Posts: 186Member ✭✭✭
    Dhgate.com for RTIC tumblers. I got 25 for $5.83 USD each.
  • LibertymanLibertyman Posts: 938Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
    @pbliz those are going to be Chinese knock offs.. just be careful
  • drew5026drew5026 Posts: 15Member
    there is a lady that sales hogg brand for about 7-7.50 if bought in packages on a facebook page.
  • pblizpbliz Posts: 186Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    deleted. Sorry don't want to hi jack original post on group buy. 
  • BEMOTORSPORTSBEMOTORSPORTS Posts: 178Member ✭✭
    @pbliz i checked our dhgate 28 for 5.28 or sum em like thay a piece hella deal on rtic cups 
  • RadicalSideHydroRadicalSideHydro Posts: 588Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    Msg irene parais on fb. She owns hogg outfitters. 
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,204Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Yeah definitely check into the Hogg tumblers. Great prices and great reviews from anyone using them.
  • libertyh20libertyh20 Posts: 25Member
    Anyone got any samples from alibaba. I have a 30 Oz tumbler sample coming.

I would save your money. It is expensive and doing business with the Chinese is almost impossible. By the time you get a good supplier, you will want to hire people to do a plant inspection to make sure there is a real factory... Next you would want to hire folks to supervise production so you don't get a container full of plastic cups... Shipping insurance, freight, customs brokers, hours of headaches, most Chinese factorys want you to wire your money to them, it is better to find a US based company that has taken all the BS out for you and you focus on what you do best.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,066Administrator El Jefe

I would save your money. It is expensive and doing business with the Chinese is almost impossible. By the time you get a good supplier, you will want to hire people to do a plant inspection to make sure there is a real factory... Next you would want to hire folks to supervise production so you don't get a container full of plastic cups... Shipping insurance, freight, customs brokers, hours of headaches, most Chinese factorys want you to wire your money to them, it is better to find a US based company that has taken all the BS out for you and you focus on what you do best.

Best advice ever...
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,161Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Sounds like you have gotten burned @libertyh20, always nice when guys who know put the info out there for everyone.
  • mielkewaygraphicsmielkewaygraphics Posts: 176Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    Ok, one question. And if I'm asking for info that you guys arent ready to give out I totally understand. But.... How the heck are you guys selling these? Ebay, Amazon, local???? I can't even fathom selling 60 cups at $30+ dollars a month. Much cudos to you guys. I can't even sell 1 locally. LOL. Any advise is greatly appreciated.
  • SingleAction52SingleAction52 Posts: 692Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    @mielkewaygraphics, I have a box full of dipped tumblers that I take to archery tournaments, sell a couple, pack them up and haul them back. Seems people aren't buying generic dipped tumblers as much as they used to.
    My real tumbler sales come from custom tumblers sold to companies to give to their employees or customers. When you get an order from them it's usually for 20-100+. You will need to get a .jpg of their logo or get with a printer and have it made but that's no big deal.
    Sports tumblers are another good seller if you have an outlet. Oh, I almost forgot..., I made some Georgia Bulldog tumblers for a contractor supply company sales rep. and he carries it with him. I told him I'd pay him a commission for all he sold and he's consistently bringing in orders.
    Hope this helps.