Warning of bad vendor for dipping tanks — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warning of bad vendor for dipping tanks

RyanHeathRyanHeath Posts: 770Member ✭✭✭
edited May 2014 in Equipment
Hey I wanted everyone to know about this tank builder. Pawel Wychowaniec from ebay. DO NOT BUY FROM HIM. I ordered my tank from him and I had nothing but trouble. It took me almost 6 months to get my tank. Thats a long time considering i was supposed to have it less than a month. Ive had my tank for a few months but he has pissed me off so im coming to vent on here. The whle time i was waiting i was fed lie after lie about the status of my tank. supposedly it was shipped but i never got a tracking #. after about a month and a half he finally tells me the tank got sent back to him because customs said it had to be wrapped in anti-fungal plywood. This was just another lie. I had to email and call him almost daily and hassel with him about a tracking #. I finally got 1 and i waited on customs to call me. I finally got a call from them and arranged to pick my tank up. When i arrived at the place i noticed it was wrapped in shrink wrap and that was it. No antifungal plywood box. My tank had some dings and was bent in a few spots. I got it home and couldnt wait to get water in it. I got my control panel and started putting it in place only to find no wiring diagram. UMMMM what do these blue and brown wires go to? Needless to say i had a headache on my hands. I contacted him and he told me when he had time he would send me 1. I said screw it ill figure it out myself. When i got everything figured out finally and was over the initial shock of actually having my tank i noticed my film and 2 high end spray guns that were promised in the tank package were no where to be found. I contacted him again and he simply replied with i forgot about that but its too expensive for me to send. Ill send it when you order another tank. What a freakin do*che bag!!! I started filling with water only to find i had to stop to fix leaky welds. Pretty unprofessional!!! I contacted him recently about trying to figure out if i had a buzzer and 1nce I told him it was me and not a new customer ive been ignored. I actually got a call from Bryan at LC whose working with me on this to help me figure it out. Thats extremely nice of him   Im writing this in hopes that nobady makes the same mistake i did. This guy does not give a rats **badword** about his customers. If your in Germany and could go pick your tank up yourself you might be ok but USA buyers beware. the couple grand in savings in not worth it. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. The tank was good minus the dings and leaks but the customer service was the absolute worst ive ever had. Buy from someone who will be there for you through the thick and thin. Liquid Concepts has great customer service and offer a huge package deal with tanks or you might wanna try PA hydrographics. Never done business with them but if Jim gives them a shout out they gotta be a good company.
Post edited by RyanHeath on

Comments

• CoastalHydrographicsCoastalHydrographics Posts: 3,047Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Dam Ryan sorry to hear that bro.My plan is to stay with the fiberglass for a year and learn the basics of dippingThen get me the real deal but man if i can drive and pick it up myself thats what i'm going to do.Shipping on these tanks is just crazy. Thanks for the heads up.
  • RyanHeathRyanHeath Posts: 770Member ✭✭✭
    He just recently pissed me off so time to get at him
  • GCIGCI Posts: 1,320Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
    Report him to the BBB too if he is a legal business. I don't know if it does really any good but never know.
    Not worried about reporting him. Just hope this has a nice negative ripple effect.
  • Reaper06Reaper06 Posts: 121Member ✭✭
    I feel your pain Ryan. To save money starting this venture I bought a tank off ebay. Now this guy didn't build it but he said it ran off 220 single phase. When I got the tank I could see it was a 220, direct wire three phase tank that was wired with a plug for single phase. Okay, I can deal with that it works. But the dividing wall between the dipping side and heating side has a four inch section of the weld that is broke on the bottom. Not too much of a big deal but here in Colorado I try to heat the water then pump it into the main tank. I fill with a garden hose by the way the tank is not set up for a direct feed which I am going to remedy. Then the drain system is kind of janky with it having some modified 3" drain plugs at the bottom so I had to make some tooling to not only unsrew them but to pull them out. Yea, when I can, I am going to spend the money and get a nice tank from Bryan.
  • RDSHydroRDSHydro Posts: 1,672Member ✭✭✭✭
    RyanHeath said:

He just recently pissed me off so time to get at him

Ryan, make sure eBay knows about your experience and give him the rating he deserves....good luck, I hope the tank works out for you.
  • MasterjqxMasterjqx Posts: 990Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    May be a little to late ryan but check out the ebay customer service.. they offer a 100% money back guarantee if the item is not exactly as described in the add, this includes faulty products such as your leaky tank. and if the add says you would recieve a gun as well and you didnt get it you can open a case. in the end the buyer gets his money back if he/she is not happy.

since your timeframe is so long between purchase and delivery you may be able to still get your money back thru the ebay terms. make sure you mention the complete story! tell them how long it took to get it and how it was not packaged well, down to the missing spray gun. they should help you out.

http://pages.ebay.com/ebay-money-back-guarantee/how-to-help.html
  • divinedragon13divinedragon13 Posts: 204Member ✭✭✭
    ya ebay good helping get things fixed been there with items before they help and negative rating for bad product get looked at alot
    i really think its been too long and he deleted his account and started a new 1 after my tank arrived
    Mention it, because they can still verify it is him via Address, and Paypal address, or bank account numbers tied in with ebay/paypal. ebay has this all covered, they are all for the customer, i used to be a seller on ebay until i was screwed many times in the past as a seller. but as a buyer they totally have your back.
    Even after i got my tank a few months ago and have been using it
  • WI_HydroWI_Hydro Posts: 7Member
    Funny that I'm reading this post about him. He recently contacted us to become a vendor for his tanks in the U.S. I could never get a straight answer from him on pricing details, shipping prices to our shop, etc. I then said that we could not endorse his tanks without trying one as told him to send a tank to our facility to use and have on-site for potential customers. He sent a nasty gram demanding to know if we just wanted to sell his tanks or not. Delete..... No bumex-wassertransferdruck for you!
    @k2concepts you should put a sticky on this. Might save a lot of people a headache and push them torwards the sponsers.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,782Administrator El Jefe
    RyanHeath said:

@k2concepts you should put a sticky on this. Might save a lot of people a headache and push them torwards the sponsers.

As you wish...done...
  • John_Thornton11John_Thornton11 Posts: 40Member
    Dang I thought my experience was bad. My fiancé bought me a 4 ft tank to just get me started, as kind of a surprise. Before I had an old stainless sink tub out of a mobile kitchen I was dipping out of. She found on through el paso powdercoating. The welding and everything was ok but the whole set up is just messed up. They didn't make proper dams and even made those out of aluminum so they corrode. Do drain you have to use the pump as a sump pump. Which whatever I can do that but the plumbing is a absolute joke. has a rubber tube that runs on the inside of the tank and is in the way of the dams. the divider damn isn't cut to the correct length at all. Just a big waste of money. I have dealt with it for about 4 weeks now but am to a breaking point. I'm going to clean it at the end of this week and then try to redo the plumbing and actually get all the use of space out of this tank. Wish I would have just went big and got a big tank from somewhere else. But then again I'm starting to think about building my own tank as I can do some tig welding. I have read on some other forums that people call them el crappo and now I think I understand. Their activator was a joke as well. At least the little bit I did try. They sent 2 quarts with it and when they packed it, the bottles had pin holes in it. Worst experience ever. Let alone they had the rolls of film inside the tank with this spilled activator. Calling them did me no good either. Well heres to learning a lesson and moving forward. sorry for the long rant guys.
  • kansashydrokansashydro Posts: 827Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    El Crappo Strikes AGAIN! I have a good customer in El Paso Texas and lets just say he buys his stuff from kansashydrographics.com
    +1 on el crappo being crap! 1 bad experience was enough for me... how do they even keep there doors open with all this bad feedback?
    edited April 2014
    I know someone personally that they took advantage of for a chunk $$ and these nice people never rebounded or got up running. people like need some of their own medicine.
    You want me to scam spam em.
    Ryan that would be hilarious. They were absolutely horrible there. When I called to see about just getting new activator and the film they said they weren't responsible for what happened in shipping. I was like really didn't u package it that way. Its whatever. One bad experience was plenty for me. I will not be buying anything from them ever again. I guess in part I never should have let the fiancé buy from there whether it was suppose to be a surprise bday gift or not. I heard the horror stories but I think I was just excited to get a new tank. Plus they told her that it would be delievered 2 weeks from the time she ordered. Well it was a total of 6 weeks I believe before they got it here. I love how everyone knew el crappo. I really don't know how they keep their doors open. Crappy all the way around. Now to make it even better the heater element went out today on me about 3 hours after my initial post about the tank on here. They do guarantee there tanks and all parts of it so we will see tomorrow if I can get a new one. Although I'm considering just finding another somewhere else and eating the cost considering it will probably take them 6 weeks just to get that here.
    I don't know of anyone that has had a good experience with them...and the ones that say they have? I think are lying...
    Yup. I'm scam spamming them
    LOL Ryan. So called today to get new element and they told me that it would be about 2 weeks to get it here cause they were backed up on orders. Needless to say I told them to shove it and just had a buddy pick me up a new one. Installed it just a bit ago and working great thus far.
    That's just aweful...
    To everyone whom it may concern. I've made s big mistake on this thread. I had no knowlege of what I did until I received a call today from the bumex company in GERMANY. I had thought this was the same company I had ordered my tank from but it is in fact not. I ordered my tank from bumex from POLAND and not GERMANY. The GERMANY company contacted me and made it very clear they are in no way form or fashion affiliated with PAWEL WYCHOWANIEC who is the bad vendor I'm trying to warn everyone about. This was a mistake on my part and bumex from GERMANY was very professional on the matter and I would like to put out my most sincere opology to the GERMANY BASED COMPANY who is also on eBay. They spoke very clear English and informed me of my mistake. I thought PAWEL WYCHOWANIEC had changed his name but I was WRONG!!! It appears PAWEL isn't even advertising anymore. So if anyone has any concerns about the GERMAN COMPANY just get in contact with them because they seem to be very professional. Anyone who will call me to clarify this stuff has my respect because they obviously care about their name and customer service. So again to Bumex in GERMANY. I apologize for the bad word when it wad completely my fault for not doing better research and assuming you were the same as the POLAND vendor. If there's anything else I can do please don't hesitate to call me
  • RBurressRBurress Posts: 1,553Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Oops!
    Yes big oops on my part. I feel really bad for disrespecting the company when I had never done business with them. They called me and gave me a chance to correct this without taking it to legal matters and that's what I'm doing. He told me he understands where I came from. He said he has heard the same complaints from pawel. Their tanks looked the same so I thought it was same person. The guy that called me spoke really good English and when I used to talk to pawel his English wasn't good at all and was very hard to understand. I gave them my word I would correct my wrongful actions so that's what I'm doing.
    FOR THOSE ABOUT TO ROCK.............LOL
  • hydrohookhydrohook Posts: 122Member ✭✭
    Jim your fourm was a little to late for me as well. I to was stricken by the el sucko tank , but its all good now i have completely rebuilt el sucko to a nice working little tank, built new dams , made a wall seperating the dipping side from the heating element , which stop all the air bubbles. made a new quick removeable filter box reworked plumbing fixed spray bar , when i turn on the spray bar i had one that worked correct, two that went toward the bottom of the tank, and two that sprayed all over me . Whoever drilled the spraybar holes must have been bad drunk. So now its fixing to be a good little shop orniment , i ordered a 10ft tank from jake a couple weeks back and cant wait for it to get here. I also want to thank you guys in this forum, all of you have been a big help to me .